1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vic & Anthony's OR Oscars

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Fet297, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fet297

Fet297 Vegas is my happy place!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be staying downtown in a couple weeks and would like to try one of the steakhouses listed above. Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :wave2:

2. Brando95

Brando95 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to Oscar's but I ate at V&A's in october and plan to do so again in a couple of weeks. Nice steakhouse... dimly lit, dark woods, great service and tasty food. They also have a 3 course menu for $50 per person available on their website. You have to print it out and bring it in to receive the deal.

Easter in Sin City!
  3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are really good. You can't go wrong with either. $50 per person is a good deal cause neither place is cheap.

4. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic & Anthony's is very good, and I usually eat there a few times every trip.

Double digits!
  5. DiamondJim21

DiamondJim21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to V&A a couple of times and both times it has been excellent. The $50 deal has worked out well for us. I have not been to Oscars.

6. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for the $50 deal at V&A. It's a great deal. No experience at Oscar's, so I can't make a comparison.

7. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic and Anthony's without a doubt. Plus you get the Landrys select club points if your a member. I ate at Oscars for the nostalgia not long after it opened, and the seating in the fishbowl as I call it was cool. However now with
    Slotzilla erected, the best part of Oscars (The view) has been ruined. It's a cool place to have a drink, but as a steakhouse I would rank it down the list a bit. The New York Strip I had there was a little under cooked for medium well
    and the cut wasn't as tender as I like. While I don't favor chains, I thought the service was very good and the steak perfectly cooked at V&A. Presentation of food at both places was meh. Wine paired with steak was good at V&A , Scarpetta Barbera del Monferrato
    was recommended as I like light body reds and I am typically a white wine drinker.

8. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never eaten at Oscars, but I have eaten several times at Vic and Anthony's and enjoyed it every time. The $50 special is great as everyone has said. I thought you would get smaller portions but all items are regular menu sizes. You can show it to them on your smartphone.

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at both of them but just once. Both had great service. I do agree that V&A is better but I enjoyed Oscar's and would go again if I was with someone who wanted to try it. V&A is a real classic steakhouse.

NAB 2017
  10. Fet297

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for everyone's input. I was trying to balance the V&A $50 offer and the ACG 25% off coupon for Oscars. I think we will try V&A's this time and maybe next trip give Oscars a try. I appreciate all your feed back. Good luck to you all. :usa::biker:

11. ginmil

ginmil Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic & Anthony's "distinctive dining coupon" great deal and delish

12. steph86

steph86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic & Anthony's is fantastic!

13. JACAZ

JACAZ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I ate at Vic and Anthony's last October.We had the $50 three course meal and it was Fantastic and the service was excellent,would highly recommend it.Have not been to Oscar's.:thumbsup:

14. Fet297

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did eat at V&A using the $50 meal deal. It was a relaxing wonderful (too much food) meal! I would recommend this place and appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again.

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear that you had an enjoyable experience.

Can't wait to get out there myself!

Double digits!
  16. FABismonte

FABismonte Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Lobster Tail at Vic and Anthony's. I also like the Sinatra vibe. It is the best steakhouse in Vegas I have been to. Make sure to make reservations. I have not been to Oscar's so cannot chime in on that.

17. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which one is better Vic & Anthony's or Charlie Palmer's @ Four Seasons ?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.