1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VERY Long trip report, RIO and PH, Sept 19-29th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by kodidog, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I am posting the LINK here as the report is VERY long, and broken into 9 sections, with lots of photos. I just can't face putting it together all over again! :-O

http://blonde4ever.yuku.com/topic/4968

2. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Great report and pictures! Happy belated birthday. Sorry you couldn't get into Voodoo, but at least that gives you somthing to look forward to next time. Congrats on the $$ scored in the slot tourney.

3. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see from the report I read here....

submitted by Beach Crazy...that you DID get into the Voodoo (and had a heck of a time there too!). The photos I saw from up there nearly made me cry (you know WHY from my report, right?).

Thanks for the comment on my essay....and for the 'time' you spent reading it. I know that was painful. ;-)

From the pics I saw on the other report, it looks like Patti was behaving herself pretty well. What's up with that? !! (Have only met Dan, but followed Patti's exploits for a few years now...hope to look into those sassy eyes in person, someday).

4. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't painful at all. I enjoyed every minute of your TR. It almost felt as if I was right there with you. Especially with the pictures from RUB. (Guess what I'm craving for dinner now...lol)

Yes Patti was very well behaved compared to some in the group. :evillaugh

5. michigander

michigander Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm truly sorry, but the Kodi's REALLY got on my nerves.

The report was allright, and I'm Very happy you had a great time on your B-Day.

But for 45 minutes of kodi this and kodi that, made me drink 2 cocktails.

It just might be me but cute writing that equals toothaches gets very annoying.
    I'm sure the mother hen is full of accolades.

But the writing style is bad I'm sorry

Tried to follow your reprot though and understrood half of it.

Glad you had a good time.,

Tell me, are you an eskimo??

Can't see any other reason for having a hard time with English language

6. timmysmom

timmysmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kodidog -- a wonderful trip report; was like reading a short story and enjoyed every word.

As to Michigander's post, all I can say is that in all the months/years I've been reading trip reports, have never read such a negative/cruel response. If he/she was so bored, why bother to read it all? This person is a real you-know-what!!

7. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy belated Birthday. Sorry to read u have a few disappointments but the good definately out weighed the bad.

I always behave :)

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report; I really enjoyed reading it. I sure hope you are able to get up to the Voodoo on your next trip to get the photos you wanted to take! My husband & I live north of Toronto and always fly direct to Vegas on Southwest out of Buffalo; it is almost half the price of Toronto - not certain where in Ontario you are located, so just wanted to pass that tip onto you as it may save you $'s next time.:eek:

9. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for reading, and the comments, everyone...

Yep, even you Michigander! Sorry that your teeth are aching, but of course that could just be the Shirley Temples. ;-) Yeah, those Kodis sometimes get on my nerves too, but they are generally rather nice people, and actually they do understand the english language quite well. "Tried to follow your reprot though and understrood half of it." They DID ask me to help them translate this though! :) Hmm, with all the misplaced 'r's perhaps you didn't drink Shirley Temples after all!

Thanks Timmysmom!

Patti: yes you do behave o.k. ....for an Eskimo, eh? ;-)

Breanna; thanks for the suggestion. We live north of Barrie, so find that with travel time, airport waiting time etc. driving across the border does not really appeal to us, as the trip would seem so much longer. Besides we usually take the red-eye home so as to have an extra full day. Can't imagine that long drive after landing.

10. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved it!

I enjoyed your report and appreciate all the good natured humor you infused it with. We too like to stay at PH and will be there in November. I also think just out front above the walkway is a great place to people watch. Pampas sounds pretty good. Maybe we'll try lunch there our next visit.

Sorry to hear the machines were so mean to you and your hubby....but
    congrats on the $150 win in the tourney. Happy Bithday to you. Here's hoping you can spend next year's BD in Vegas too. And have better luck! Thanks for posting such a fun TR.

11. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR!:peace:

12. Sierra

Sierra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aw-w-w-w....that was just lovely. Made me feel like I was there. Thanks Kodi!

13. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once again, I want to say THANK YOU all

...who have read the trip report and responded. Writing these things can be like wrestling a grizzly bear, but it makes it worth while if I find that I've helped or entertained people who love Las Vegas.

14. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it.

DO IT AGAIN!!! :thumbsup:

15. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. Glad you all had a good trip, eh.

later, GVJ

16. Livelifeas1

Livelifeas1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed is a very long Trip report but I enjoyed your trip report and humor within it. Happy belated B-day and thanks for the trip report! Sounds like you had a good time and that's all that matters. :wave:

17. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the report. When I'm jonesing for Vegas and am bored at work this is exactly what I need. Thank You.

Back where we belong
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.