1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by KnotGillty, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnotGillty

KnotGillty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Took a short flight from California to Vegas Friday morning. Met my brother at the airport and jumped in a limo to the Venetian. Spent Friday afternoon playing black jack with no big wins or losses. Had lunch at Grand Lux and it was excellent as usual. Friday night we went to Cosmo. 1st Stop was the Chandelier Bar where we ordered Verbeena’s. What a crazy drink. That bud that you have to eat puts your salivary glands on turbo mode. It was like someone had put steroids under my tongue. What a crazy sensation. It lasts for about 5 minutes and then disappears. Next we went down to a blackjack table as we had some time to wait before our dinner reservation. When the drink girl came to our table, we asked for two more Verbeena’s to drink. We were politely told they are only offered at the Chandelier Bar and we would have to walk over there to get one. My brother proceeds to hold up a $100 chip and says “this is yours if you can get us two Verbeena’s”. 10 minutes later she returns and we are drinking Verbeena’s at the black Jack table. Money talks in Vegas lol.

Dinner Friday night was at E by Jose Andres. I think it was 22 courses (I lost count). For those who haven’t been there, you sit with 7 other people and the chefs make the food right in front of you. It’s very interactive as you get to converse with the chefs as you watch them work their magic. The experience is akin to Willy Wonka meeting a mad scientist chef. Gastronomy taken to the next level. There was only one dish I didn’t like but the rest were great. Dinner took a little over 2 hours. At the end of the meal they put a guest book in front of you to sign. They mention there are famous people in the book and to feel free to look through it. Being the joker that my brother is, he pens the following in the book: “One of the best meals I ever had. And I'm so happy I finally learned how to use chopsticks”. And then he signed Helen Keller’s signature LOL!!! We laughed about that all the way back to the Venetian. Like even if she figured out how to use chopsticks, how the heck would she find the food. Anyhow, we had a good laugh. The rest of the night was spent playing blackjack. I think I ended down $3,000 for the day.

Saturday morning I wake up feeling a little hung over. Now, I don’t ever play slots. It has literally been a few years since I’ve played slots in Vegas. So first thing Saturday morning I decide to put $100 into a 1 dollar Top Dollar Slot. About 10 minutes in I hit this
    [​IMG]

I immediately cash out and put the winnings towards a bunch of prop bets on the superbowl. The rest of the day was spent playing black jack. For Dinner Saturday night we went to Top Of the World at the Strat. Dinner there was excellent as usual. This place holds a good place in our hearts as my brother and I used to take my dad there every year during superbowl weekend. When he died last year we had him cremated. Anyway, last summer my brother and I made a trip to Vegas and after eating at Top of The World we went up to the outside area where you can see the city and we dumped some of his ashes over the side of the building. Part of him is now scattered over Vegas which he would appreciate. Saturday night was more blackjack with no good runs. Down another $4,500. One interesting thing Saturday night was this roulette table. My brother got on a good run during this roulette session. Look at all the blacks on the board!!! There was one or two more blacks after this picture was taken before the streak ended.
    [​IMG]

Sunday morning my brother says we should go to the high limit slot room and put $400 each into a slot and see what happens. He wants to play a Wheel of Fortune machine. I veto that decision and instead talk him into playing a $10 Pinball slot. It’s 3 credits per pull and we bet max. About 10 spins in we hit this.
    [​IMG]

The win paid 320 credits or $3,200. We proceed to whoop, holler, and high five. I get my tax form and give the girl $100 for her troubles. Sunday afternoon we attend the Venetian Superbowl Party. Not a single one of my longshot bets came through. First time in probably 10 years I been skunked on my prop bets.
    After the game I go to a blackjack table and buy in for $2,000. I play black chips and my max bet was maybe $500 after a good streak. 4 hours later I cash out at $9,000. Solid win in my book any day of the week.

Monday morning before the flight home I go to the high limit room and sit at a $100 table. I buy in for $1000 and 40 minutes later I cash out for $8,000. If any of you big players would have been in my shoes, you would have made a mint. My base bet was $100 after each loss and after the 2nd win in a row, I would add a black chip after each consecutive win. I got up to 7 or 8 hundred numerous times before losing and then went back to my base of $100. It was winning streak after winning streak and 90% of my doubles and splits were hitting. The dealer seemed to bust on all my shitty hands. It was amazing and one of those sessions we all dream about.

The flight home was delayed about 45 minutes. Took me a few days to decompress and catch up on sleep. Looking forward to the next trip. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a super good weekend!! Congrats on the slot hits!!!!!

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to start playing slots more often!!!!

4. KnotGillty

KnotGillty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be honest, slots scare me a little bit. I like games where I have a little control (ie blackjack). But I think I'll dabble a little more in slots on future visits. Maybe 10% of my bankroll. I suppose with more slot play, my free play offers will increase. Lifetime, I'm up playing blackjack, so that will always remain my go to game. Now that I think about it, with my slot wins on this trip, I suppose I'm up lifetime at slots too. Feeling good right about now....

5. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love that wheel of fortune high limit slot - play it once a trip and almost always win something

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed your report and love the V/P property too.

Helluva ride on the 21 tables - you climbed outta the early hole nicely! The roulette table is crazy too - was anyone playing the 28 and 29 consistently?

7. NvrSumR

NvrSumR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! Also like that you and your brother still go to the top of the Stratosphere . Enjoy those special moments.

8. bwatson23

bwatson23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report! Thanks for sharing.

9. conga69

conga69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy reading your TR! Thanks for sharing and that's an awesome run at the 21 table I love playing those classic Pin Ball slots in the HL area.

10. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, thanks, and well done on the slots and BJ wins.

11. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report with some amazing wins! Glad you had a good time.

Vegas Just Because...
  12. KnotGillty

KnotGillty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother was playing several of the numbers that show on the board.

An interesting side note. $25 BJ tables on the main floor pay 6/5. But if you ask them to raise the limit to $50 they will oblige and pay 3/2. We did this twice. As a bonus, both times after changing the limit to $50 they put up a 'table reserved' sign (even though we didn't ask for a private table) . Several people tried to buy in and they were turned away.

13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report! And great wins!

14. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh...that is interesting indeed.

If memory serves correct the $25 tables were 3/2 when I was there last and only the denominations below that were 6/5. Your tip is good and I will try it out next month!

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the wins!

16. MadSaint

MadSaint Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing, and congrats on the wins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.