1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian sports book tickets fading badly

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by eyevandynsx, Sep 18, 2016.

1. eyevandynsx

eyevandynsx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we were at the Venetian in the beginning of June and my brother in law and myself made some NFL bets. Our tickets have been in an envelope and sitting in my gun safe since. Looked at them the other day and the ink is fading big time. Anyone have any advice on what to do? Thanks!

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scan them and bring that printout along with the original tix if you do have to cash them out.Hope you have to.:thumbsup:
    Maybe something the V will experience with others who bought tix at the same terminal hopefully.

3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're able, take close-up photos of both the front and back of the tickets, making sure the date of the bet can be seen.
    If you're unable to take a clear close-up photo, make photocopies or as the previous poster suggests, scan the tickets.
    Most of these types of print-out tickets are heat-sensitive and fade when in very warm environments.
    Try to keep them in a cool, dry place until you can speak with someone at the Venetian.
    Venetian/Palazzo properties are very good about advising on print-out tickets when you give them a call.
    Ask for the sports book and tell them about your issue. If you have a host, call them and ask for advice.
    Good luck on your bets.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good advice from james and ardee, I would also write the serial number on the top or bottom of the ticket. The barcode may fade but they can punch in the serial number to verify authenticity. Also you can use photoshop to make the photos more readable.

Also I have some losing tickets from Bally's 2012 that are perfectly readable. The V must use some cheap paper.

5. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's
    LOL! Yes, cheap paper and laser printout combo, I'd imagine.

And yes, most important is the barcode/number sequence and date of bet for verification.

6. eyevandynsx

eyevandynsx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice!