1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian restaurant advice please

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Corinne, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have two comps to use. One for $250 and another for $150 to use this Tuesday and Thursday, from the host. Never been to any of their restaurants apart from Grand Lux. Advice is desperately needed please. No seafood or sushi though. We usually share sides and even a steak as we are both very small eaters and not bothered about the alcohol part either. Any amazing steaks (to share) or other meals that are really really good. I'm sure an amazing dessert will come into the equation to share too! Thanks in advance everyone.

2. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CUT is probably my favourite steakhouse in Vegas, and I've never had anything but great meals there.

Double digits!
  3. Ckspores

Ckspores Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never personally eaten there but I've heard good things about Yardbird.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnevino and CUT are two of my favorite steak joints in town. And Bouchon is never a bad idea for any meal.

It won't make a dent in your comps, but if you have a hankering for pizza, Grimaldi's is as good as I've had in Vegas.

Number 50!
  5. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut is really good but my experience is they put more of a char on their steaks than some other places. Really great but a little different. I'm a bigger fan of delmonico myself, both places are great and you'll have a great meal either way.

6. MomtoCCC

MomtoCCC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Yardbird. Ate there on my last trip - wonderful!

7. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going for the high end steakhouse one night, Yardbird would be a good complement the next...not so much in cost, but rather in selection of food choices and environment...plus high quality.

8. Russwin1

Russwin1 Tourist

Table 10 and it's big brother Delmonico. Table 10 has a $48 tasting menu for the smaller comp

9. TxTeach79

TxTeach79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico FTW. Grimaldi's is good, but it's a generic national chain. I like the Table 10/Delmonico rec. CUT is good. Never been to Yardbird but I'm super intrigued.

10. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for CUT and Delmonico

11. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico Steakhouse.

12. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a great steak and outstanding service, I'd recommend CUT as others have mentioned.

For the other meal, I'd suggest, as mentioned, either the tasting menu at Table 10, or Yardbird. At Yardbird, my faves are the deviled eggs, the watermelon, and the green beans are a must order side. The server there said the beans were the most popular of any dish, and after trying them, I understood why. More relaxed vibe than the other places, but the food really is fantastic!

13. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut it is for tonight. Have just emailed the host and hopefully will be there for 8.30. Thanks everyone, very helpful advice as usual. We will probably do Delmonico for the other comp on Thursday but will check it out tonight and decide for sure later. I sure both will be great. I still cannot believe the comps we got at Venetian compared to CET for the same gambling. I've finally realised though that if you don't ask you don't get.

BTW if anyone wants 'fine dining' and a complete farcical comedy show at the same time go to Silver Sevens steakhouse. Best laugh we've had all trip. Worth every penny. Even better when it's a freebie.

14. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not fancy but we love love love Noodle Asia!

40th Birthday Bash!
  15. 18000rpm

18000rpm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loooove the candied bacon appetizer at Table 10.

16. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't beat Delmonico's....And we always have a late night at Grand Lux (sometimes breakfast if we make it up that early.)

A few places we ALWAYS visit:
    1) I (heart) Love Burgers (gotta try their fried pickles)
    2) Public House (no specific food recs, I just like the atmosphere.)
    3) Lobster ME (The food is good, but it's probably just more a tradition for us.)
    4) (Food Court in the Venetian) Pizzeria de Enzo. My daughters insist I take them there. (o.k., I like it too:)
    5) Johnny Rockets for a quick bite and chocolate milkshake that I always finish before taking the food back to the room.

We've stayed at the Venetian probably 20 times and I'm definitely going to try some new restaurants. Everyone here knows that you can get into a groove and forget to venture out and try new things.
    Can't say I've ever had anything other than a fantastic experience at V/P. Sure, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but gotta admit V/P delivers overall.
    Cheers:)

17. rgrif57

rgrif57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnevino or Cut for us. My wife's and my favorites when we stayed, there also for Italian Lavo is good. We are not gourmet food people but appreciate a good prime steak and very nice ambience. Great service at any of these......Rick

New Years Eve 2016/17
    Spring Trip