1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian/Palazzo Reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by UKFanatic, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So each trip I try to add something new. Staying at V/P later this week and trying to make some dining decisions. First day I am already planning on lunch at Grand Lux and dinner at Aquaknox (which is new for me). But I am having trouble deciding what to do for day two. I want to eat at Dal Toro, which is open for lunch and dinner (thinking I will do lunch there). Any recommendations for the other meal?

Don't want to do a steakhouse. I want somewhere nice for dinner, although not too fancy. Its my last evening, so I don't wasn't to get dressed up or spend hours eating. I'm thinking resort casual. I would like to trey Bouchon, but I assume it is more fancy than I am wanting that evening. If anyone has any other thoughts with those parameters in mind, I would love to hear them. Thanks

I Need Spa
  2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bouchon is not that fancy. I'm not a fan but many people like it. We ate at Lavo a couple days ago and enjoyed it.

3. JackH

JackH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love Canaletto in St Marks Square. Al fresco dining ... St Marks "free" shows ... Great food

4. pbqltbook

pbqltbook Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had dinner earlier this week at Table 10 upstairs from the Palazzo. It's an Emeril restaurant -- and the food was wonderful. Not fancy. For a late night sandwich, we ate at Parisian Baguette on St. Mark's Square. Great seating upstairs with windows out to the square.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have nothing to add here except... mmm Asian Nachos :drooling:

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everybody. A little follow up:

Would jeans be appropriate at Bouchon?

Thought about Canellato, but since I am already planning Dal Toro for lunch, I think I will skip itallian for dinner. Finally, I always thought Table 10 was a steakhouse? I think I ate there once years ago. But the Parisian Baguette suggestion intrigues me, mainly because I love bread!

I Need Spa
  7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it won't be a problem. Its a pretty casual place, similar to Mon Ami Gabi but with better food.

8. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also enjoy Table 10. My standard order is a bowl of gumbo with a Turbo Dog beer followed by banana cream pie. The candied bacon is a very guilty pleasure! There is frequently a prix fixe menu that is very reasonable, but I don't know if they have it all the time.

I was disappointed in Dal Toro the two times I had lunch there. There was nothing glaringly wrong, but nothing that stood out positively either.

I do enjoy Bouchon for dinner although I was unimpressed with breakfast. If you are looking for a nice breakfast, I love Morel's and it rarely gets mentioned.

Have fun! Now you have made me miss My Palazzo.

9. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new Buddy V's at Venetian has a simple and straight-forward Italian menu with fresh ingredients and excellent service. Frankly, I was expecting just another celebrity restaurant experience (it's run by the Cake Boss reality baker). But, the menu won me over. I go there to eat about once a month since discovering it. And, Carlo's Bakery (another Cake Boss Enterprise) is right across the hall from it in the same concourse. My favorite selection is the cheese and meat board.

Bill

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So now I am also considering trying Hong Kong Café. I know its new. Has anyone tried it yet?

I Need Spa
  11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always had good meals at Sushi Samba, and the restaurant is pretty laid back, too.

12. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back from another stay at V/P. I didn't try the new Hong Kong Café, but you can't miss the new entrance, it's shiny gold! It depends on your tastes, but I enjoy the seasonal tasting menus at Table 10. Jeans are fine at Bouchon. I had dinner there this trip, food was fine, service was friendly, but slooow. I like a good meal, but unless it's a special occasion, I like to eat and get back to Vegas fun. I actually prefer Bouchon for breakfast, along with Morels. One morning I usually stop by a Bouchon kiosk or Carlo's for pastries, but this trip I tried Paris Baguette. Ordered a fruit bite and feuillette chocolate, both were good. The chocolate bread looked interesting too. Have a good trip, let us know where you end up.

13. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thirding the rec for Table 10 and tossing in our support for Bouchon as well. We like just about every place at V/P except Buddy V's, which I will loudly and passionately condemn with every breath I take. Hate that place!

14. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is almost as strongly as I detest Yardbird. And I seem to be one of the only 2 people on earth that hated it, but we HATED it. Yardbird is Rubbish!

Well, I feel better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.