1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian host cold call

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Gdicke13, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at work last night and a local number popped up on my cell around 9, so I thought who is this calling me now? I answered and it was somebody local(New England) who was with the Venetian. He said I see you haven't been with us since last March and we would like to get you back into one of our suites. We want to give you a deal so you can come back. It was a quick conversation, as I was at work and I was a little stunned, not expecting a call from someone at the Venetian! Anyone have any experience with calls like this? Any idea if the Venetian is more actively trying to draw players back? I'm a pretty loyal Cet person, but I'll ALWAYS listen for the best deal/offer...wondering if he would match an offer. I had to end the call rather quickly and he said someone in vegas would be in touch w me...I'm going to follow up and text the guy later and get a better feel for what's up...again just wondering if anyone has gotten these calls from the Venetian or elsewhere. It's just new to me...thanks!!! And as I'm working on a fall trip, this may come in handy! Lol

2. RPToro

RPToro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have experience with a host per se, but... Out of the blue, I received an email offer about a week ago from V/P for 3 free nights, $100 free play, and no resort fees. The last time I was there in January, I ran about $100 through a slot machine while passing through - that's it. Also note - the offers I always get from V/P have been $159/night minimum, NEVER any comps.

Needless to say I'll be visiting Palazzo on Monday for 3 nights!

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

That's great to hear. We used to stay and play there a lot before they positioned themselves as a convention hotel and cut the easy comps and the decent odds.

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a call like that about a year and a half ago. She's now my host at V/P, even though I only stay there about once a year. For the most part, the host just offers me whatever the corporate offers are, but then she also sets up a few extras I ask for like transportation, etc.

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received several calls from different hosts at the Nugget although I have not been there in years.
    Occasionally I receive random emails form hosts at Bellagio ,MB and NYNY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.