1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian...ADT/Theo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by en11871, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

From help of members I've learned that Mlife counts a 7 day period as one trip. How does V/P calculate gaming day/trip? Thanks!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not a 7 day period per se.

It's any period without 7 days of no play in between.

3. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So that's for Mlife? How about V/P?

4. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They count everyday, including non played check out days. So, a three night stay is always considered 4 days for their purposes! They seem to stress minimum 4 hours a day on the playing to be beneficial for you.....so, just be aware your average hours are always based on that extra day included!

5. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! That's why usually don't get great offers. I usually play many hours the first night and then lower and lower the following nights.

6. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

My wife and I have a tradition of saving up all our points that we earn on a trip and cashing them in for free play our last day and using that before we leave for the airport. Its normally several hundred to a thousand in free play, and we spend a few hours just playing random machines on the property.

Does anyone know how free play counts toward theo? I'm assuming it doesn't, and our last day is therefore viewed as a "non play" day, unless we turn over beyond our free play and gamble additional funds. Can anyone confirm?

7. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume if you have to put your card in to activate the free play than yes, you are on the clock once more and racking up a zero play day. I had this happen to me at Caesars earlier in the year when a snafu left me with hundreds of dollars in free play on my check out day. I took the money, and the hit I on my average, and went about my life.

8. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I've been told too. So, a three night stay is considered four days, and a minimum of 4 hours a day is the expectation. But, the play is largely considered as a trip, so the 16 hours do not have to be spread out equally each day. Like most people, my play on check in and check out days is dependent on my arrival and departure time. I don't think it makes a difference if you use your card on a day you're not playing if you're staying at the V/P, like check out day. They know you're there, and count that as a day regardless. However, if you're staying elsewhere, and want to stop by and play less than normal, in that case you'd take a hit if you use your card. Also, I think Grazie daily points reset to zero at midnight. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

9. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    expecting an extra day's play on each trip is ridiculous.

the number of nights is the key factor as that's what generates your comps.

another reason I will never stay at V/P.

10. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, to be fair, the information I received came from an on duty host, not my regular host. In my experience at several properties, they tend to overstate the level of play needed for comps. As a slot player, I pay much less attention to hours played and focus instead on my points earn as an indication of my coin-in and how that impacts my comps. As a mid-level, mainly slot player, I've been really happy with the level of comps I've received at V/P. A table player interested in the V/P, certainly one at your level of play, would obviously want to get more specific information on how ADT/Theo/comps are calculated for a trip.

11. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, I'm well aware theo is what counts, I just don't seem to like anything V/P does.

and another poster said they were told the same thing from a host, so it sounds like it's policy.

having their hosts tell people things like this just reinforces my dislike.

12. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you think better comps can come if you are a no stay, just play after you check out.
    I'll be at the Bellagio for 2 days then move to the Flamingo, but I'll probably stick with MGM properties for play, does this make sense to do?

13. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you mind sharing your daily coin-in avg. and what offers you are getting. I've never stayed/played V/P, but might consider it. I'm 95% slot/vp player.

14. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    comps come through play.

the more you play, the more comps you get.

15. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally speaking, $25k coin-in on slots should get you 3 nights comped with some slot credit and maybe a little food comped on the front or back end. I also think you could generate initial marketing offers with less play. Wynncore's expectation is 5-6k points/day minimum ($7,500 - $9,000 coin-in) and I think V/P is a bit more generous with comps. Slot Marketing Executives at V/P work with players with an ADT of $750+.

V/P does not link cards. My husband and I play on separate cards, and our host combines our offers. We get our own free play, RFBL, limo, and offers include extras like tickets to a show or special event, a gift card, spa credit, a cruise offer, slot/baccarat/blackjack tournament invites... I have no idea what kind of play is needed to get RFB. From what I've read and experienced, the V/P likes to comp food off the back end too.

No surprise, I can confirm that for lower level players, comps are driven by coin-in rather than loses. Even when we're down the same amount of money, the one with the higher theo may generate better marketing offers for our next trip.

The VIP check-in at the V/P is nice when lines are long. They also have an Invited Guest check-in desk. Connected to VIP check-in are the Platinum Lounges, and there's also the Gold Lounge at the Venetian. All are convenient to pick up bottled water, a cocktail, or a bite to eat. I really like the variety of eating options at V/P, from food courts to fine dining. The only bad meal I've had there has been at Carnevino, although I know other people really love it.

Slot and vp play earns Slot Reward Points that can be redeemed for slot credits or resort comps. I've never had Reward Points taken to cover expenses before comps are given. Sometimes Grazie offers daily slot tournaments which I think are a fun way to spend a few minutes during the day.

Hope that helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.