1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegasworm's No Kids Finger Clicker LIVE TR - (10/7-10/14 - GN&Aria) (Slots, Le Reve, Spa, Mob/Neon)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Vegasworm, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really liked the vibe at Golden Gate. Think I came out about even, but still in the hole for the trip. Will post slot pics and stats later.

Just got here:

20161008_135639.jpg

Vegasworm

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  2. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta know if Dupars pancakes were the fluffiest you've had? I hear so many great things about that place, I really want to try it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some pics of my play at Golden Gate. I plan to go back and play again. Wish they had Walking Dead. Haven't been back to the room, so haven't tallied my wins/losses from there.

20161008_122658.jpg

20161008_124414.jpg

Wish I had more to share. I just seem to do so much better at slots on The Strip than Downtown. Maybe that will change this evening.

I'm going after a 21 year non-handpay streak. Yep, 21 years of playing and have yet to win a jackpot worthy of taxes.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  4. elaine.mcgrew

elaine.mcgrew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love DuPars pancakes, have turned on many a friend to them and they all love them. Easy to earn a free stack by playing a. It.

• Like Like x 1
  5. elaine.mcgrew

elaine.mcgrew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the TR keep the info and pics coming

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After two and a half hours at The Mob Museum, V and I thought we would head to one of our favorite places, The Downtown Cocktail Room, for our first drink of the day. (You didn't read that wrong...I've been gulping water all day to combat the Vegas headache I get from all of the smoke.)

DTC doesn't open until 7pm on Saturdays, so we hiked past Container Park to one of our other favorite watering holes, Atomic Liquor.

I'm now sipping on a Strawberry Fields while V enjoys a Hunter Smash. Love being able to do this kind of thing since the girls aren't with us this time.

20161008_165617.jpg

V bought the black and white shirt a few years ago. He's been stopped so many times back in Colorado by people asking about it.

20161008_170349.jpg
    The cocktail menu if you can see it. It's kind of elongated, so hard to take a picture of.

20161008_170328.jpg
    Strawberry Fields

20161008_170350.jpg
    Hunter Smash

Cheers!
    Vegasworm

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now my plug for The Mob Museum. This was my 2nd time there...we also went 2 years ago during my 40th birthday trip. It is amazing!!!!! I just can't say enough good things about it. I will for sure visit for a 3rd time some day.

There were so many changes and new additions since we were there 2 years ago. Both times we've stayed about two and a half hours and still haven't seen it all. The first time we went, we practically had the place to ourselves. Today it was packed! Word is getting out how cool this place is.

I bought our tickets online combined with our night tour of the Neon Boneyard that we're doing tomorrow. Total cost for both of us for both places was $74.

One change they made is that the criminal line up picture is now taken by them and sold as a souvenir. Some of you may remember that I am a total sucker for those kind of pictures. I thought 3 for $20 was a bargain, plus you can email yourself a digital copy. The first time we went, we had someone take the picture for us with our camera.

I think what makes The Mob Museum so awesome is not just its fascinating portrayal of the Mob/Mafia, but the wonderful injection of Las Vegas history too.

I'm going to include some pics of things I found interesting, plus our mugshots.

20161008_173001.jpg
    Public Enemies 1 and 2.

20161008_172911.jpg
    Happy criminals cause they're at the Mob Museum!

20161008_162116.jpg
    You're my hero Tony Montana!

20161008_143415.jpg
    I've always found the story of the Lindbergh baby so sad.

20161008_143802.jpg
    Being a "Lady of the Night" back in the day was hard work. No wonder syphilis and gonorrhea were so rampant.

20161008_155256.jpg
    Some "tools" of the trade.

20161008_144454.jpg
    Look at Ol' Blue Eyes hanging with the mob!

20161008_144726.jpg
    Three whole floors to explore!

20161008_160053.jpg
    Buh-bye, John.

Ok, so many more pics, but I'm sure you're getting a little tired of The Mob Museum by now. Go see it!!!

Next up, round 2 of drinks that we ordered from Atomic Liquor while I've been updating my TR.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More drinks from Atomic Liquor.

20161008_175516.jpg
    E got an Inspector Nectar.

20161008_175149.jpg
    V got Hop-Two-Three-More

20161008_182206.jpg

Heading back soon to get ready for dinner. We're dining at a Trump-worthy misogynistically titled restaurant - Oscar's Beef, Booze, and Broads at The Plaza. Although, I heard the roaming "Broads" are no more.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Evening fun on Fremont walking back to the Golden Nugget.

20161008_183655.jpg

20161008_184008.jpg

20161008_183215.jpg

20161008_184511.jpg

20161008_184910.jpg

20161008_184912.jpg

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for taking us along! I had it on my list but didn't make it this trip. Next time for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, Vegasworm!

Love the pics of the Gottis...gotta love how the mob has turned into white trash! Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another early night for us. Had my new comfy jammies on and was tucked into bed writing this report by 9:30pm.

I'll wrap up Day 2 and give my thoughts on Oscar's Beef, Booze, and Broads. I need to make sure my Uber app is set up to get us to Bally's Sterling Brunch tomorrow morning. We've only used taxis or driven ourselves in Vegas, so this will be a first for us.

On to Oscar's.... Our go to Downtown steak restaurant has usually been Hugo's Cellar at The Four Queens. Much as I was sad to not go this trip, I really wanted to try something new and Oscar's did not disappoint.

I liked the swanky vibe and eating under the glass dome. We had a booth on the upper level that directly faced Fremont Street (not one of the window seats), but gave us the perfect vantage point of everything.

When we were first seated, there was a couple next to us who I swear looked like Ken and Barbie. I wish there was a way I could have gotten a picture. They looked so perfect and plastic-like. Our server was nice and efficient, and there was constantly other staff bringing out plates, filling waters, or clearing dishes. There is also a bar area that's not in the atrium and it was more packed than the dining room. Lots of groups of guys there. Didn't see any of Oscar's Broads walking around...unless you count Barbie.

We both started with drinks and shrimp cocktail because it sounded good. Kind of silly paying $16 for 4 shrimp when Golden Gate is visible through the glass ceiling and you know you could be having a $3.99 shrimp cocktail there, but man that was the best shrimp cocktail sauce. Nice and heavy on the horseradish. We were served bread and butter, and I opted for another caprese-style tomato salad while V had a Caesar.

I chose the smaller cut prime rib cooked medium well and V had filet mignon cooked the same way. We opted to share 3 sides for $20 and chose asparagus, a loaded baked potato, and a corn brulee that was similar to creamed corn. Everything was very tasty, but after my 2 starting appetizers, I only could eat half of the main meal. I also didn't finish my drink. It wasn't bad, but I didn't expect it to be so similar to what I had at Atomic Liquor. Also, I was just fading fast. Vegas Saturday night loser, I know!

Would I go to Oscar's again? Sure would! I thought the food was good, and I loved the atmosphere. Plus, everything I've ever read about Oscar Goodman just makes me like his legendary Vegas status.

Food pics to follow, then night night for me!

20161008_200414.jpg
    My Fairy Nectar cocktail (V got an Old Fashioned).

20161008_200702.jpg
    Shrimp Cocktail

20161008_201525.jpg
    Tomato Salad

20161008_204155.jpg
    Prime Rib

20161008_204220.jpg
    Filet Mignon

20161008_204216.jpg
    Trio of sides we shared.

20161008_194349.jpg
    Cocktail Menu

20161008_210818.jpg

20161008_195119.jpg
    Cool chandeliers, glass ceiling, and vantage point.

20161008_211650.jpg
    Cool Oscar!

And finally, I leave you with the last image I saw on Fremont Street that I'm trying to get out of my mind.

20161008_212326.jpg

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 3
  13. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So enjoying your details! I am getting a headache just reading about all the different drinks!
    Hope your slotting improves!

• Like Like x 1
  14. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least he seems to have changed his underwear. Last time I saw him he had on dirty grey pants. Ugh!

We have enjoyed the Mob Museum more than once too. I find it quite fascinating. I'm looking forward to seeing the new exhibit that opens in November. Fashion in the roaring twenties or something.

Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good morning Vegas!

20161009_065707.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Glad to have you following along!

Still looking for Aladdin! Hope for a comeback today.

I should have gotten a Lemon Drop yesterday. I need my citrus fix. Nice to be kid free, but sure do miss them!

Thanks @tringlomane, I'm still searching for a good bonus and that ever elusive big one.

I'm hating the losing too @blackjacker2. I sure hope things turn around today. Thanks for reading!

17. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and pics again, thanks for sharing your 'kid free' trip! Really enjoyed following along last time and this - good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really enjoying the trip report. Now that they've pretty much gutted the VP tables at the Nugget, I was thinking maybe I'd play more slots there instead. Now I'm rethinking that too!!!!

This is probably too late, but don't forget to do the Motherlode Swipe'n Grope promotion at Binions. You can earn up to 3 swipes per day, at different numbers of points earned. With $3K coin in I think you would have earned all 3 swipes. The kiosk is next to the million dollar display.

Keep up the great reporting, remember, no detail is too small, no picture too blurry!!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Continuing to hemorrhage money, this time at The Golden Nugget.

This is my biggest loss trip on record so far. Several days left, but the bankroll to turn things around is diminishing fast. Down $1k.

Headed to The Strip soon for brunch. First time to try Uber. Hope it goes smoothly.

My only decent win from this morning.

20161009_082652.jpg

Woe is me....

Vegasworm

20. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I LOVE Dupar's pancakes. We get them every trip. We always split a full order and a fruit cup...and we ask for the butter on the side.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.