1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

vegashappyhours.net now in beta - Feedback Needed!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Mandiferous, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huge thanks to those that gave me feedback about a month ago. For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, I've built a website dedicated exclusively to happy hours on the Las Vegas Strip. It started as a spreadsheet because I'm a dork and that's how I plan my vacations. It was later suggested that I turn that information into an app. Well, I don't have the resources to turn it into an app yet, so I built a website. It's mobile-friendly and I just launched it.

http://vegashappyhours.net

I'm still working out some of the kinks (enabling search, icons appearing in random places, etc) but I could use a few extra sets of eyes to make sure my data is comprehensive enough. If anyone is willing, I'd really appreciate your feedback if you know of any Happy Hours on the Strip that I missed.

Whether you decide to offer feedback or not, please bookmark the site if you think it will come in handy during your next trip. I'm headed to Vegas in 16 days and plan to do a little field research for properties I definitely know are missing information (such as bars that list their happy hour times but not what the specials are). If you come across any info while you're in Vegas, please drop me a line via the Contact page and I'll make sure I update the site ASAP.

Maybe one of these days I'll sell advertising, turn it into an app, and make a buttload of money (HA!), but for now I just want to spread the Vegas love. Cheers! :beer:

P.S. If an admin sees this thread and thinks it would be more appropriate in another category, by all means move it.

2. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bookmarked. Thanks for the great job. FYI - the link to Julian Serrano in Aria is broken.

3. Sam610

Sam610 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with the site - I'm going to Las Vegas in late October so will be sure to be revisiting for inspiration and ideas! :wave2:

4. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your trips!

5. esweeney

esweeney Tourist

This is so useful!! Definitely bookmarking this for my trip next month.

6. STPFan

STPFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I am always looking for happy hour information when in Vegas. Will bookmark this site.

One very minor issue I have is with the dropdown hotel menu. It only displays up to the height of the screen. For usability I would recommend you put the list into a few columns so all the hotels can be viewed in a glance.

Keep up the good work.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very useful.

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice work. Thought maybe you could tweak the logo to incorporate the glass as the letter V. Then, later, you can use just the glass for the site logo. Just a thought.

vegashh.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.