1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Video from 2002

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by numeno, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had never seen this before so maybe others hadn't either. :)

I only got to Vegas once before 2008 so it was nice seeing a lot of the stuff that was torn down in the mid 2000s.

Part 1 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1OqDzS-pUE
    Part 2 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=iclC8SDOX2o
    Part 3 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8A15ZQQYY
    Part 4 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc--NljhUeg
    Part 5 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGyBCUZTEKk
    Part 6 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0iN7NTGzS8
    Part 7 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBC096MgPfU

They aren't mine, I just found them on Youtube.

Some random comments

- I loved the talk about the monorail headed to the airport and downtown. I don't know if it was meant to go there, but obviously we all know where it goes now.
    - Was saying "shooting in 1080p" ever as geeky as saying "shooting in 3 chip video"? :)
    - I am now more dissapointed Echelon failed. If that project never existed, I would probably spend a day every trip from Wynn to Riviera to Circus Circus back to Frontier. Now it is a question of if I even want to bother going to Wynn because it is out of the way.
    - I didn't count, but it seemed Caesars was missing a few towers. Not sure how many had been built since 2002.
    - It was the first time I had ever seen Barbary Coast as Barbary Coast.

2. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love it if the Monorail went to the airport, but the cab drivers are very much opposed. After getting longhauled on the last trip, I would gladly take it if staying at a property such as Ballys or MGM. I'd also take it Downtown. Much cheaper than a cab, and quicker than a bus.

3. woodsie

woodsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool. My first trips were in 2002 and 2003 they were both just stopovers on part of a bigger trip. I never got to visit ANY of the places that were destroyed since like Stardust, New Frontier, Desert Inn, ect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.