1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Uncork'd

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by NYNYGirl, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone actually done this? How exactly does it work? Do you just buy tickets for your choice of shows or vendors and just go from there? Are they all in one location? One hotel or various hotels? Are the prices of the tickets worth attending?

Would like to attend but just not sure how these events work.

TIA :peace:

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a series of separate events. Each requires its own ticket, and they're spread out over a number of properties. Last year I believe most of the events were at Aria, MGM Grand, and Caesars, but I just checked the schedule and it looks like they're now at Caesars, Cromwell, Venetian/Palazzo, and off-Strip. The more expensive dinners never looked worth it to me, but I've done some of the smaller ones (like the mixology thing they used to have at Aria) and they were fun. Unfortunately, I can't really speak to this year, because I don't recognize the newer events on the schedule.

3. Sheil813

Sheil813 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there is one big event that is one ticket price that has samples of all of the chef's food! i think it is at Ceasars? You can meet and greet with the chef's at that event too!

Spring Fling! May 11 - 15th
  4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went last year and did two events: The Grand Tasting out at the Caesar's pool, which was a lot of fun but, quite frankly, super crowded. It was really cool to interact with a lot of great chefs (most of them are there -- Gordon Ramsay, Michael Mina, Jean Georges Vongerichten, Daniel Boulud, and others were there in person, and we got to meet them and chat briefly. I'd highly, highly recommend spending the extra coin to get early admittance. It really cuts down on the massive lines/crowds. It really got to be packed. Also, it will give you a bit of face time with the famous chefs. It's a premium, but the food is legitimately good. A fun time ... but I probably wouldn't do it again.

One note of caution on the Grand Tasting: the lines to get in were LONG. Extremely long. Even with early access, and arriving 30 minutes early, we were probably a couple hundred people back in line. The regular admission line was even longer. They must get about 2,500 people or so at this event. So plan on standing in line quite a bit before you go in -- and plan to arrive early.

We also went to the Gordon Ramsay dinner at Caesar's the next night, which was pitted as a showdown between Scott and Christina (two past Hell's Kitchen winners who are working in Vegas at GR restaurants). It was a fun time -- the food was great. The best part of the night was having paid a bit extra to do a private happy hour for 10 with Ramsay before the main event. Spent about twenty minutes just chatting him up, which made the whole night worth it, very easily. One note on the dinner: Scott and Christina were there the whole time and very approachable, but GR seems to have left about 30 minutes in after an introductory spiel because he had another event to go to. So I could definitely see it being disappointing to those who paid $325 a head for what was billed as a dinner with him.

All in all, there are some cool events, but it is expensive. If you want the experience of meeting these food stars once, it is well worth it.

5. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses. Now if I could find a decent flight I'll be on my way.

6. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like an expensive flight weekend. Not sure why.

7. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know. Seems like always from Upstate NY flights are always expensive. :thumbsdown:

8. mrmarkman60

mrmarkman60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an early access pass to the Grand Tasting. Other than getting to Caesar's Palace early, any other suggestions? Where do people start lining up and would it be possible to get a photo with the chefs?
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.