1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas: Tale of Two Texans (End of Trip Recap)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by TxFoldEm, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxFoldEm

TxFoldEm Tourist

Jul 26, 2015
    Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, got to Vegas on Sunday an we're leaving tomorrow to get back and get back to real life.

Heres's quick recap on the gambling side.

Did fantastic Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Got our asses handed to us Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Okay, Friday is "our" fault... I'll explain in second...

Bank Roll Budget: $6,000. Bank Roll left: $3,565.44... so we had a loss of $2,434.56. Not too bad in the end. Would've loved coming home on the "up side", but always happy that we leave with money left over. We have a rule that we'll spend any money that we have left over on something for us or the house, so $3,500 should get us something cool. We don't go shopping until we get back home. We only have that rule so any bankroll we take to Vegas, we won't have- period... that way we figure it's safer that way. I mean, you're not taking money you can't lose... so either way, our money will NOT go back into our checking or savings account - its vacation money and entertainment money and it will be gone either way.

Funny, thing.. slots kept saving us!! We got killed at the tables... Texas Hold'em Bonus, Ultimate Texas Hold 'em, Craps, Blackjack.... you name it. We lost $600 at one table, then I marched over to the $1 slots and by the 4th pull won $450 (sorry, kept forgetting to get slot photos after the first day). I know slots are horrible odds, but wow... didn't expect them to save us some losses. My best guess.... if it wasn't for the slots, we probably would've lost maybe $1,200 - $1,500 more (wild guess), but somewhere in that range. The $450 win was our biggest. Usually we'd put $100 in a slot an walk away up $100 or $150 - something like that. No huge wins, no hand pays.... just enough to offset our losses at the tables. Of course when we sat down at table, we'd only play with $100 in chips (played $5 minimums). When we lost that, we'd get up an walk away.

I kept forgetting to get photos of slot wins - the slot wins weren't photo worthy anyway reallyt. I'll post some photos tomorrow that I took and haven't uploaded yet

Our budget for spending money, food and crap like that... $1,500... looks like we're coming in $592 under budget on that - woo hoo!!! (this money doesn't go back into our checking account) it's just that I don't have to send the credit card compay as much cash. We didn't do as much shopping or eating as we thought we would

So all in all, it looks like we're around $4,000 under budget - SCORE!

Going back to the gambling and the loss of about $2,500, I'd probably peg the value of "gambling fun" for us at around $1,500. If take I the trip as a whole - we got our money's worth.

Renting the car and taking the drives through the mountains, checking at the museums, downtown, pawn shop. breakfast on Mt. Charleston, cruising around Vegas - was a blast....

We didn't any shows, instead we decided to see Vegas.

Met awesome people from Texas, my hometown and all over. Most everyone we sat with at the tables were great and the dealers were fun (except one dealer at the Flamingo)

Oh... I almost forgot... I had posted a question (in another threa) about the side bets and trips bet in Ultimate Texas Hold 'em.... did my expirement... I put down a $100 that was designated only for the trips bet... that $100 was gone in 1 hour and 35 minutes. Off of that trips bet, I wont trips twice, flush once and full house once - second time I've done this test. I won't be betting trips anymore.

As far as tanking today... we played pretty loose. Making some "hunch" bets and calls in Texas Hold 'em.... we decided to play a little riskier than usual because we were under budget on our bank roll - yep, in bit us in the ass. This was the only table where we lost $100 and then put down more money.

All in all, had a blast, lost some money, saw parts of Vegas we never knew existed, checked out women wearing next to nothing (wife is good about pointing them out to me if I miss it on my own) :) ....no strip clubs - bummer... didn't get a chance to do Hoover damn, Grand Canyon helicopter thing, rent a Ferrari or make the trek over to death valley - maybe next trip though.

It will be good to get back home and get back to real life for a little while. I"m thinking planning the next vacation for us - but don't know where yet. We need more vacations. I spend so much time focused on working, that I lose sight of trying new things and seeing new places - I plan to change that... I'm 45 and not getting any younger.

Thanks for reading my trip reports and replying to all my questions!
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. vegasfan

vegasfan Tourist

Jul 7, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    interesting way to handle your bank roll. Kind of makes sense actually.Glad you had fun!!!!
  3. Elf70

Elf70 Low-Roller

Aug 20, 2013
    South Carolina
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report. Glad you had a wonderful time!
  4. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron Low-Roller

Jul 12, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do something very similar with my bankroll - glad you had a good trip!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.