1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas summer getaway

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Jamestravelfan1963, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamestravelfan1963

Jamestravelfan1963 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good morning!

I'm not sure in which thread I should put this. I would like to pick your brains (and can supply a surgical saw if necessary--j/k).

My girlfriend and I are flying to and from Las Vegas on my American Airlines frequent flyer miles in July and staying three nights in the Linq. While in Vegas we are considering seeing three Cirque du Soleil shows: Zarkana at Aria, Beatles Love at the Mirage, and Michael Jackson One at Mandalay Bay. We will not have a car this trip. I have two questions. First, has anyone been to these shows and what did you think? Second, can anyone recommend nearby good, reasonable (entrees up to about $40.00USD per person) restaurants for dinner after the shows? Thank you.

Jim

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you scroll down the page, you will find lots of opinions on these shows. They are all fine, though WE are Love fans.

I would advise against seeing three shows in one visit. Too much all at once. There are lots of other things to do to provide variety.

Restaurants? There are so many, it is hard to say. And to be honest, you may feel like one thing today, something else on day 1, then change your mind in the evening.

As to anybody here suggesting a restaurant... very hard to do without knowing your preferences, type of restaurant, food, atmosphere, etc. Between Mirage on the North and Mandalay Bay on the south, there must be 300 places to eat. Pricing from MacDonalds to highend $100 a plate joints. Keep in mind that dinner after the show will be more like 9 or 10:00, which is midnight or later on your time clock. We often try to find a place to fit our CURRENT mood at the same place as a show about 2 hours before the show.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen MJ1 and loved it. Saw Zarkana in March and was very disappointed. it is my least favorite of the Cirque shows I have seen. As for meals, that question is too broad. you can easily find food options at each of those properties for the price range you are suggesting, but it would help to know what kind of food you all like. If you're looking for good meals in the price range you are suggesting, at MJ1 I would stop in at Jumi, Burger bar or tacos & Tequila. at Aria, I would go with some small plates at Julian Serrano

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.