1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Sign

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tweis, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweis

tweis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out how we could get from PH to the Vegas sign? We visited Vegas for the first time last year and did not go to the sign so I have no idea how far it is or if the Deuce or anything else goes there. We are thinking of renewing our vows with the Wedding Wagon and thought in front of the sign would be classic Vegas. Any help is appreciated.

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Come On, You Blues!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just south of Mandalay Bay, so if you don't want to walk I would recommend taking the Monorail down to MGM Grand and walking from there.

3. vivasincity

vivasincity Newbie

The Las Vegas sign is on Las Vegas Boulevard south of Mandalay Bay about 2 miles south of PH and sits on a median in the middle of the road. The best way to get there is to take a cab. While renewing your vows with the Wedding Wagon is a novel idea, the only way you're going to make it possible is to have it in the parking area which is situated about 60 feet south of the Las Vegas sign.

4. tweis

tweis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both. It looks as though they perform them on the grassy area directly in front of the sign from looking at pictures on their website. We are renting a car so we may just rent it a day earlier than planned.

5. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did one of our vow renewals at the Las Vegas Welcome Sign with Elvis and all... I've got pics if you'd like to see them!

We actually hired a photographer who let us at our hotel (Cosmo that trip) and Presidential Limo and got some great pics along the way and during the ceremony. Elvis met us there.

The limo parked, we got out and walked a few yards to the sign and Elvis did the ceremony right there... Music, entertainment and all!

Happy to send you referrals, if you want them! Just PM me :)

Happy Vow Renewal and Good Luck!

6. BTrain929

BTrain929 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the online map of the deuce/sdx, there is a Four Seasons stop for the deuce, and a Town Square stop for the sdx. Are either of these stops closer to the Vegas sign than the Mandalay Bay stop?

7. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know the Town Square stop is way past the sign. Years ago my wife and I walked to the sign from Mandalay Bay and it was not to bad.

Mark

8. BTrain929

BTrain929 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Kobra. Does anyone know about the Four Seasons stop for the deuce? Is that closer to the Vegas Sign than just walking from Mandalay?

9. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless something has changed that Four Seasons stop is a shared stop with Mandalay Bay. If you walk from Mandalay it will take you about 10 to 15 minutes depending upon your pace.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.