1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas related movie: Lay the favorite

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vegasqc, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to watch every Vegas/gambling related movie out there and finally saw this one with Bruce Willis, Rebacca hall, Vince Vaughn, Catherine-Zeta-Jones, Joshua Jackson

Plenty of shots from Rio, Ceasars, ballys, harrah's in ths one

Its not a great movie but if you are into sports gambling its great, Willis is the main gambler and they nailed his outfits( little brown jug t shirt, Flamingo backgammon tournament t shirt...) they make fun of people playing the flip it machines..... and if you were fan of that 70's show you will get to see Hot donna (laura prepon) naked :thumbsup:

Im sure plenty of people here saw the movie what did you think of it?

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very much enjoyed the book, but haven't seen the movie. I remember when it was filmed and knew it did not receive a wide release, which is usually a bad sign

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of enjoyed the movie, on netflix streaming. But was funny about a sports bettor who couldn't pick his own nose lol.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, wasn't a great movie but was surprised that something with Bruce Willis didn't make it.

5. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a quality director too. When I first heard it was being filmed, I got excited thinking it would be a major release. No such luck

6. Sin City Sinner

Sin City Sinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things I liked about this movie:
    Lots of shots of Vegas
    Donna's Boobs.

Seriously, a GREAT cast, but the movie didn't do it for me,

7. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend Dink who was played by Bruce Willis would very quickly tell you that the movie was not anywhere near as good as the book. He very much liked the casting for the movie, but in reality he was not consulted upon very often for the movie. He also did not like the way that the movie was distributed during its release to the public. Dink however remains very active in the LAS sports betting community as he is a pretty regular co host of a local radio show and still remains very active as a gambler ... mostly with his favorite sport of hockey.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The book was great (although I disagree with her dad that "winter's for poor people"... they never close down my office because the weather is too nice out), but I never had high hopes for the movie. I'll still watch it at some point, I'm sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.