1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas or No Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Publius, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my coworker is debating on if he should go to Vegas or not in June. It would be his first trip and his friend is paying for everyone to go. The problem for him is that his girlfriend is going to have their baby soon. The baby is due 2 weeks after he gets back. He is debating on whether he should go or not and leave his girlfriend behind.

I said go, but you know my reasoning as to why since I love Vegas. What would you do if you were my coworker.

2. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Vegas but who wants to risk the baby being born and missing/rushing home to be there. Not worth it imo. Plus, he'll probably end up just worrying about it the whole time he's in Vegas anyway. I would just wait till later.

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The due date is hardly more than an educated guess. I think 2 weeks is just too close to the date to mess around.

Unless he's passive aggressive and doesn't like that girlfriend and wants to end the relationship. Otherwise that's an awesome plan.

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might opt to take a pass and go later..... .Had a few experiences not like this one mentioned in the past BUT ( somewhat ) SERIOUS in nature..some of the VERY longtime posters (that post here and other boards that I was on BEFORE this one) might recall.

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas isn't going anywhere.

6. Ulose

Ulose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there is only one opinion that matters.... The girlfriend. Ask her, if she says don't go, don't go,.... If she says go you still don't go, it's a trap.

7. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with everyone else. I almost made a similar mistake when my son was born. Granted it was 5 weeks out, so NO ONE was expecting him to come that early. Also, I only would have been 4 hours away instead of who knows how long from Vegas. Regardless, when my wife went into labor at midnight, I would have been way too inebriated to drive home. My wife still gives me a hard time about it now (3 1/2 years later). I can only imagine how bad it would be if I wasn't there.

It's Murphy's Law...if he goes, the baby won't come and he'll be like, "Man...I should have gone." If he does go, you know that baby is coming!!

8. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmmm....thats rough because once the baby comes it may be hard to leavr. still, wait until the baby is born...coming from a woman.

9. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this is just a random trip to Vegas with friends, I'd vote for no go. 2 weeks is to me is within the reasonable amount of error.

I have no idea what the reason for this vegas trip is, so maybe it is more than just a friends trip. I still have a hard time saying go to Vegas. If you would have said 3+ weeks, I would have said go.

I have zero plans of being a dad anytime soon, but I still know that their birth would something I'd want to be there for. Would it be the end of the world? No, I just know I'd have some regret.

10. Persistent Cat

Persistent Cat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this their first baby?

11. woodsie

woodsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe he should sneak a wedding in there instead. The kid deserves a shot at stable and permanent family situation. No judging, just my opinion.

I wouldn't go to Vegas if my wife was due. Probably not even if she was two months out. Any further with a smooth pregnancy, sure why not.

12. woodsie

woodsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, and this. That's sage advice right there.

13. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't go. Baby comes first. Sorry, co-worker, your options went out the window the minute you abandoned the condom.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  14. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing like a rough trip to Vegas, in terms of bankroll, and a new baby to put someone in dire financial straights.

Personally, I'd wait. Vegas will always be there.

:peace: :beer:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  15. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was me, I would stay home.

I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself in Vegas in that situation. But that's just me.

16. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say just abort the bugger and go to VEGASSSSS:wave:.
    You guys can always work on another one when you get back.:thumbsup:

17. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm setting the over under on your year of birth at 1949

Anyways, your friend is insane for considering this and you should under no circumstances let him. Never mind the fact that the baby may be born while he was gone, who needs to low a bunch of cash before the birth of their child?

Remember your first Vegas trip? Remember how much more money you spent than was planned? Nope nope nope. This is a horrible idea.

18. Persistent Cat

Persistent Cat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :haha::haha::haha::haha::thumbsup:

19. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an update, he isn't going, his girlfriend vetoed it. For me I get to enjoy Vegas without running into one of my coworkers and also the possibility of reminding me of home

20. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He did the right thing....no responsible man would want to miss the birth of his 1st child....he would regret it the rest of his life and the girlfriend would never let him forget that he ran off to play..... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.