1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Newbie.. purchase tickets in advance or wait till vegas??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by sh0rte02, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sh0rte02

sh0rte02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine told me to wait and purchase tickets there but I want to get "good" seats. I was thinking about Zumanity maybe and they currently have section 103 tickets first row I believe for $185 for two tickets. Would the discount be worth waiting for??

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If good seats are your priority, you'll get them in advance. Yes, it's (obviously) more money. It's what I do because (in my opinion) the seats really do make or break a show. I can't stand to be watching a show thinking, “Damn, wished I'd sprung for better seats.”

Bill

3. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

If you're dead set on seeing a show, then buy the fix in advance. Pick your seats and you know you have tix. The discount booths are good if you're looking to fill a spare evening. Even then, the value of the discount is debatable. You go and stand in line at the discount booth, buy a voucher, then you have to go the theater to exchange the voucher for the actual tickets. When it's all said and done, it can eat up half a day. Ok if you have spare time, but not if you're short on time or really want to see a certain show.

4. sh0rte02

sh0rte02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think will go ahead and purchase tickets now... Thanks!

5. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for the little love seats or couches and pay the extra then get drunk before the show......you are going to need it if you become part of the show like my wife did!:banana:

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really recommend against this unless you want to be on stage. I was one row behind the love seats.

7. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

I wouldn't worry about ending up on stage...if you don't wanna go, you don't go.
    YES...they play with a couple folks in the 'love seats' but not on stage and....
    the folks they do bring on stage...may be...'PLANTS'.
    Any one remember years back when they highlighted an older couple from the
    love seats?...got 'em on stage to dance close to the ending of the Show?
    They were plants from the cast and not real audience members. Same 'might' be
    said for the cozy little group scene towards the end of the Show now.

The deal you mention is good and if you don't want to mess with checking out other
    options...take it. SECTION 102 and 103 are the center sections and a great place to
    enjoy the Show from. I'd even suggest sitting back a bit...maybe ROWS C or D.
    REASON...you might enjoy the aerial scenes more. Right up front, you'll be looking
    UP for many of the routines.

'IF' you want to check out a discount option, check out BEST OF VEGAS www.bestofvegas.com
    REASON...at the end of your purchase, you'll know your SEC. ROW SEAT.
    You'll get an email voucher that you still have to exchange at the box office, but will not be subject
    to the First Come/First Serve routine the other discounters make you go through. It's no worse than
    picking up your ticket at WILL CALL.
    Go to their site...'click' SHOWS and look for ZUMANITY...they do have some offers but...I'd call them
    for a clearer explanation and book with a LIVE person. 1.800.947.1081

For the no fuss, guaranteed good seat at the rack rate...call New York and ask for the box office and
    book directly with them 1.866.606.7111

I DO NOT suggest any seating on the far sides of the theater for your first time visit.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I buy in advance if I can find a deal online. Which on Cirque you usually can. I've never ever had a Vegas show "sell out" on me.

9. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They always say on documentaries about Vegas that Vegas is quite unique in that the vast majority of show tickets are bought on the day of the show.

However, I am one of those that will always try and buy tickets on the day they go on sale - often three months before the performance - to get a very good seat.

10. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always buy day of at the tickets for tonight place and usually get upgraded for free when we go to the box office with the voucher. If you want a specific section then buy advanced but hunt around the Internet for any codes

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.