1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas in February?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hotreds, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanting to see Elton John, so debating about heading out mid February. We'd be flying from Baltimore. Anybody travel to Vegas from the east coast in February? What's Vegas like? And, should I worry about being able to fly out there? I realize there's always a risk of bad weather.........

Will give them a try!
    Caesar's AC
  2. xantharus

xantharus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from the DC area and have been to Vegas a few times in late January / early February. The risk of weather will be on the DC end, not the Vegas end and will be completely unpredictable (especially given the last few winters we've had). It's really no different than traveling any other time of the year. I would probably avoid layovers in Chicago/Detroit/Minneapolis if possible, but other than that you should be good.

Vegas in the winter tends to be a bit less crowded. The big thing you'll be missing out on is the pools which will be closed during that time. If you're used to spending your mornings/afternoons at the pool you'll have to find something else to fill your time. ...And frankly that mostly means gambling, so if that's your thing, awesome! If not, it would be a good excuse to explore some parts of the strip/city you haven't seen before.

Temperatures will be jeans/long sleeves during the day and probably a light jacket in the evenings, but still warmer than DC/Baltimore is during the same times.

3. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to Vegas every February...usually toward the end of the month... February and October are my favorite times to go... crowds are a bit reduced (I go mid-week) and the temperatures are perfect (for me).
    In all of the February trips I've taken (at least a dozen), I've never once had any weather problems in Vegas... what xantharus said though is a good warning...fly non-stop if at all possible... on one of my trips, I had a lay-over in Denver. I got delayed there for several hours due to snow, so good advice.

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
  4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

We usually go in Feb. too (from PHL) and we've had a few delays over the years. Almost always it was on the way back and a few times we got to spend an extra day or two in Vegas because of snowstorms in the east. We never complained. Like others have said, try to get non-stops both ways or, if you have to book a stopover, avoid the above airports, especially Chicago and Denver.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done Feb. 4 of the last 5 years. As others have said, your only major weather concerns are where you are flying from/laying over. I've had good luck with the weather in Vegas, often above above temps in the 70s over the Presidents' Day holiday. And as mentioned before, not super busy and prices are often good.

6. codingkw

codingkw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Baltimore as well. I have been to vegas 3 times in February. The last one was a doozy. We came back in to a snow/wind storm. It didn't have much accumulation, but the winds were like 30-50mph gusts so it stopped the ground crew. We sat on the tarmac for 2 hours till we could get pushed to an available gate since they were only using one. Then sat for another hour before they let us deplane. Then our luggage took almost 2 hours to get delivered.

We ended up getting 200.00 for our troubles, but at least it was coming home not going out.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Time to get married and have fun
  7. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is my fear- a snow storm. I don't want to put the person taking or picking us up in harms way. But it sure would be neat to see EJ while he can still play and sing! Thanks for all the info, I guess I'll just have to roll the dice- ha! ha!

Will give them a try!
    Caesar's AC
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.