1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas golf schools?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Snidely, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any experience with a one-day golf school in Vegas? My short game has gone from mediocre to abysmal Wouldn't mind spending a few hours with a teacher to get me back on track. I used to be able to hit wedges just fine, I mean I could never learn to the hit the one hop and stop shot but at least I could get the ball into a 20 foot circle from 50 yards out. Last year I developed a bad case of the shanks on these shots and now I have a flip. Just can't keep my left wrist neutral coming through the ball. And 3-putts.... We don't want to talk about that. My speed control is horrible.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sounds like a lot more than can be fixed in one day. :)

but in general with Vegas schools they're going to be very overpriced (like everything in Vegas).

they can be fun for sure, but I wouldn't count on really improving your game.

best idea for real improvement is find a good instructor at home and get a package of lessons so you can work on things over time.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

We've been to quite a few golf schools, including several in Vegas. Those specific programs no longer offer Vegas sessions but there are quite a few out there.

I agree with shifter. Put the money into a good pro at home, someone you can go back to when things go sideways again. Golf schools can be a great way to have a golf vacation, but I think that except for raw recruits, they always will be only a band-aid instructional treatment for more accomplished players.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My golf coach is a friend of mine and it just seems weird to pay him. He's a sandwich short of a picnic but he knows the short game. He teaches at a local range. He can hit all the shots from 100 yards in. He's a magician. Guess I gotta do what I gotta do to get better.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

You are in the driver's seat on this. Obviously you have concerns if you didn't think of going to your friend in the first place.

So Cal is deep in golf instructors. System or model are largely irrelevant. As with any learning environment, you need to find someone with whom you connect, who can parlay their expertise into a language you understand. An auditory or visual learner will gain little from someone with a kinesthetic approach.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am Vegas, I highly doubt I would spend any time at a golf school. The instructor would be asking the same thing I would ask... why not do this at home?

7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes sense, Ken.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.