1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas from the UK

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Shipppp09, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipppp09

Shipppp09 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I look into going to Vegas from the UK the prices for flights especially seem to be so steep. I can never find myself able to get a good deal and in the end just pay whatever to end up getting there. What are other peoples opinion coming from the uk? any good airlines? websites?

2. CJ's

CJ's Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always fly with Virgin out of Gatwick
    Barring a couple of holidays they fly there everyday and IMO they are top notch. I usualy pop for Extra legroom as it's so worth it.:kiss:
    Try to book my flights around 8 weeks or so beforehand and try to keep it under £700. I'm usualy quite flexible as to when I can go so I watch the prices closely when I'm looking to head out and pick my dates based on prices.
    As I get my accomodation comped now and mostly my F&B I only have to fork out for my flights plus my bankroll but that has taken several years of learning, with help from this board too.:blowkiss:
    You can get good deals with companies like Lastminute.com if you want a package deal you just forfeit most comps on the backend as you paid through a third party. Thats how I started and was happy with my deals untill my "play" waranted better attention from my host.
    Trip adviser can also help with flight costs, depends on if you want non stop or if you can deal with multiple stops. I just want to get there as soon as I can :evillaugh. There are lots of other deals you can pick up by searching online for "hotel deals in Vegas"
    Suppose it all depends on your budget and bankroll but keep asking question and you will find lots of answers here
    Good luck, My last trip ( loosing by the way ) was new year and I'm on my countdown for my next trip in August. :evillaugh

The way I like to start a new year
  3. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depends on the time of year too.
    trips in march normally cost about 550 - 700 direct so you have to wait until the price is right then book.

if you travel during holidays then the price is up.

if you are more flexible then shop around on Thomas cook / opodo

good luck

4. kesto692000

kesto692000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also use Virgin out of Gatwick and I agree with previous posters rates £550 - £700 return. However 4 years ago I got a Virgin Atlantic Amex and use it for all day to day spending Food, Fuel Etc. The airmiles it accumulates have twice got us reduced rates maybe £150 off, and this trip we have enough air miles for "free" flights (Still £200+ in taxes).

I have also seen posted previously that because air duty is a lot cheaper in Ireland it can be more cost effective to fly from Dublin (Even via Gatwick). I have never looked into this personally.

5. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin and BA seem to be roughly the same prices. We always get better prices by booking very early as soon as the first sale, if any, comes out. Virgin have miles and money fares so if you have travelled previously and have a minimum of 2000 miles you can knock anything from £50 to £150 off the total. BA miles fares start at 10,000 miles I believe to reduce the fare. Check on both the websites to see other ways to earn miles other than flying with them.

You can usually get cheaper fares by going via a US hub but that's a no no for me.

If you have to pay a high price for a flight sometimes it's better to book a complete holiday and if you have registered with Virgin Frequent Flyer and book direct you get 7% reduction. Occasionally it works out cheaper to book a package for 3 nights and extend the return flight.

BA go out of LGW and LHR. We like departing LGW and returning LHR, you get an extra half day in Vegas and fly later at night so easier to sleep.

Hope these ideas help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.