1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas First Timer!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Vioarr, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vioarr

Vioarr Newbie

Hi All,

My wife and I are going to Las Vegas for the first time in early April. I've been researching a lot and found this board to be a fantastic resource, so thank you all!

This will be our one year anniversary and honeymoon (family issues around the time of wedding)!
    We are staying at the Palazzo for our 5 night 6 day trip.
    We have a lot of stuff planned but 2 days are pretty much completely open for whatever we feel like doing.

All that said I still have a few questions:

- We have a bankroll of between $1000-2000 to split between the two of us for gambling (haven't decided for sure yet). I know not to chase comps and don't intend to; however if I'm spending money gambling I would like to be able to make informed decision on how to maximize any available comps or at the very list build a solid basis for it. With that kind of bankroll what would give the maximum "bank for the buck"?

- Can my wife and I share one player card so all the money we spend is maximized on one account? Or should we each have our own?

- Is there anything similar to Uber or Lyft in Vegas?

- If I can't get line passes from the hotel what is the best way to get into a club without breaking the bank?

- Does the gym at the V/P only have cardio equipment or do they have any free weights as well (bench/rack etc).

- We arrive at the airport at right around 3:00 p.m. and I have estimated approx. 1 hour to get to the hotel. If I do the $20/50/100 dollar trick does that check-in time hurt our chances at getting any upgrades?

Thanks everyone for making this informative and helpful community.

2. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is nothing similar to Uber in Las Vegas. It is illegal and Uber's lawyers are currently fighting it in court.

Yes a married couple can share a playrs card and each get the same account number with their name on it.

Best way into a club is to buy presale tickets ahead of time. If you cant; do that, and you don't want to spend a lot of money buying a bottle, you'll just have to wait in general admission line unless you want to try to give a doorman a $20 or $40.

3. Chobopuffs

Chobopuffs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the $20 trick before, upgrade is just a strip view looking at TI.

4. Vioarr

Vioarr Newbie

Thank you both for your replies.

On the shared card does it treat it as 2 people gambling or is it an aggregate and they treat it as they normally would with only one person?

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.