1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas engagement stories??

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by captainron62, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone care to share their Vegas engagement stories? I have always thought LV would be the ultimate place to pop the question!

2. angilynny

angilynny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You found the perfect person for this. Although after 10 years a story can get rusty.

In August 2002 my boyfriend (now husband), three friends and I went to Vegas for Vacation. We got stuck with the extra person in our room. Five people and 2 rooms sucks especially when there are 2 couples. Anyhow one of the five people who went is one of the most annoying ppl I have ever met in my life.

We stayed at strat and this was back in the day where I mostly played slots. Well i went on some crazy winning streak and everything I touched gave me money. I went to bed with over 1k (25 yrs old).

next morning wake up gamble about $300 of it away. went to red rock canyon annoying person is fat and lazy so sat in the car and read a book while we hiked.

Went to wayne Newton with boyfriend and roomate. I remember it being a good time and what was even better was we got away from the annoying person and her boyfriend.

Can't tell you much more about mid trip so I will get on with the engagement part.

This is Thursday late afternoon now our plane is due to leave at 1130pm. I have been asking the whole trip to go in the fake eiffel tower. I'm getting to the point where I am really really mad it is not 6 or 7 pm and my friends are moving slow. Finally we get tickets and go up. Next thing I know is the bellagio water fountain show is going some charlotte church song is on and my boyfriend pops the question after 7 years. We walked all the way back to strat from paris stopping at the pirate show at then treasure island. I remember hiding my ring cause I didn't want it to get ripped off during the show.

I thought our plane was going to crash cause I was finally engaged and won money. I took home $700 and saved it for the wedding.

never understood why our hotel roommate came up with us. He was the only one who knew that it was going to happen. He had been told that morning.

My husband was going to originally sign up to get engaged at the wayne newton show haha. apparently wayne loves that stuff and will put you on stage. I think my husband learned about this way too late to do it.

oh and to this day i give him a hard time cause he never got down on one knee. he got so nervous he forgot

3. slovak044

slovak044 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once I decided that this was the girl I wanted to marry, I had to figure out how I could ask her father if this was okay. The problem being that he lives in Texas and we live in Pennsylvania. So I got in contact with him, without my gf knowing, about us going to see him for Christmas. He had already decided he was going to Vegas but hadn't booked anything yet so he ask if we wanted to go. It worked out that my gf would be turning 21 a few days after Christmas, so i did some number crunching and figured out we could afford to go. So her father and I made all the plans without her knowing. before we left i found this message board and learned as much as i could. This wouldn't be my first time in Vegas but would be my first time that i was legally allowed to gamble and drink.

So for Christmas i got my gf a leopard print luggage set(shes very big on leopard print). To make thing a little difficult for her i put the plane tickets inside the leopard print coach wrist let that i got her and put it inside the smallest suitcase and then locked the suitcase and put it in the next biggest and did this till they were all in the biggest suitcase and locked it. I put the key inside of a ring box to throw her off. She opened the ring box and was very confused. Opened the luggage and was excited it was leopard print but didn't know why i got her luggage, so i told her to open them all once she did and found the tickets she did say anything at all for a few seconds and then started saying oh my god we are going to Vegas.

So once we get to to the airport in Vegas I started texting her dad to see where he was he was already at the hotel so we make our way to the hotel and get in line to check in and i text him we are there.(she still has no idea her dad is there) so while we are standing in line she turns around her mouth literally drops open and she starts to cry once she sees him.

The next evening her father and i made plans to meet up the next morning so we could talk. I figured that was the best time because my gf would still be asleep i can ask him and get back before she knows im gone. well he and i ended up talking for and hour or so. i get back up to the room and my gf is showered and ready to go and pissed Ive been gone so long and i had to make up some excuse. I was searching for breakfast and played some slots.

so on new years eve i had made us reservations for strip house so we got dressed up. my gf in heels and we walk to Planet Hollywood from treasure island needless to say her feet were killing her so we had some time to kill before our reservation we went and bought her flats. we had a romantic dinner that we both thought was excellent. when we were done we went to watch the fountain show as bellagio. at this time the streets were already blocked off for midnight so i was worried there would be a lot of people at the fountain show. luckily there weren't and once the show started i turned to her and said i love you and will always love you and said i want to be with you for the rest of my life and got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. she started crying and said yes and we kissed and hugged and were congratulated by an Asian woman. we walked back to TI among the hoards of people out for the fireworks. watched the pirate show and the fireworks from TI.

Sorry this was so long kinda turned into a mini trip report but i just really enjoy telling this story

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

After being w/ and living w/ my wife for
    about 8 years -
    she says to me
    "Next Vegas trip we're getting married !"
    "Okay, honey.":eek:
    That was our engagement -:thumbsup:
    We got married in The Tropicana's Garden Area
    ( not sure it's still there ?)
    She dropped her wedding veil at one of the entrances -
    We didn't notice until we were at the garden.
    A BIG WHOOPS !:nono:
    I ran back traceing our steps !
    I thought for sure some drunk would pick it up + wear it.
    I got to the entrance + there it still was, on the carpet !
    WOW !.....were we lucky !
    I still wonder how many people walked by it ?

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great stories, thanks for sharing!!

6. Tinker

Tinker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    august 2005 - Eiffel tower restaurant - fountain view - My husband popped the question over dessert. Didn't get down on one knee, but had a beautiful diamond ring with him.

The only thing that marred the moment was the waiter - very bland, no congratulations, just asked if we wanted the check. I guess he sees a lot of engagements, but a little fake enthusiasm and a hearty congratulations would have fattened his tip.

7. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    popped the question to my now wife in a salon suite at wynn, followed by dinner at alex (now gone) followed by a couple bottles at blush (now also gone)

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great stories, guys/gals.

I'm pretty sure I've proposed to about a half dozen cocktail waitresses. Does that count?

Number 50!
  9. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I proposed to my (now) wife at the top of the Stratosphere in the observation deck. The original plan was to propose at dinner up there in Top Of The World, but when I was in there I didn't feel like it was intimate enough and would be weird. So after dinner, we went out on the observation deck, and I waited until we were alone, got down on one knee and popped the question to her there. We had some friends with us, who knew what was going on.

I wanted to propose somewhere that wasn't super cliche' - not sure why I thought this wasn't, but I was specifically trying to avoid Eiffel Tower, Bellagio Fountains, and on a Venetian gondola ride, because we already had friends and family who had been all those places.

10. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I were together 10 years before we decided to get married. There wasn't any fancy proposal at the the time, we just kind of planned it and decided we were going to Vegas on such and such date to get married. So the joke leading up to the wedding is that he never actually proposed to me.
    The day before our wedding, my husband (who never used to gamble) said, let's go downstairs. I want to learn how to play blackjack. I said ok because I was stoked that he wanted to learn how to play so we could hang out at the tables together more often. We went downstairs (we were at Caesars) and he said, let's sit here. I looked at him like he had two heads and said no, do you see the limits on that table? I think it was a $50 min table. I said let's try to find a $10 table to learn on. He was persistent that we play at this table so I said OK, but we won't be here long.
    We lost the first hand, the second hand, and the third hand. I said, "Let's go this isn't looking so good." He said lets just finish this deck of cards. So, we sat there and continued to lose our asses until the end of the shoe. At the end, the pit boss looked down at the floor by the dealer and told her she dropped a card. She picked it up, looked at me and said, " I think this is your card." I took the card hesitantly because I thought this was kind of sketchy because we were at a table where the cards were dealt on the table and we weren't touching the cards. I took it anyway and it had "Will you marry me?" written on the card. I looked up and realized the whole pit was watching and that my husband had planned this whole thing. I cried and everyone at the tables around us clapped and cheered. Then I laughed and said, "You know, this whole thing would have worked just as well at a $10 table."
    We were married the next day at the outdoor chapel in the Garden of the Gods. Our ten year anniversary is coming up this year, and we had always said we would come back and renew our vows sometime. I think this thread has inspired me to get planning. :kiss:

11. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had big plans to propose to (my now wife) in Vegas, I thought the bellagio fountains would be nice....didnt happen, then thought would be nice at the edge of the Grand Canyon, got there and bottled it again.....thought about at the top of the eiffel tower....didnt happen, this went on day after day, we had been together for years so although I was 99% sure she was gonna say yes I just couldnt 'get in the zone' and do it so basically I left it so late I eventually got down on 1 knee just seconds before we were rushing out the hotel room to go down and check out, she said YES and we began making the wedding plans as early as the taxi ride to the airport!
    Needless to say we chose to get married in Vegas (Where else!? lol) and I can honsetly say it was the most perfect happiest day of my life. We got married at the Wynn primrose gardens, had our reception at Maggianos and stayed in the Wynn Salon suites, truly unforgettable experience and such a perfect day!

Ps, loved all the other stories folks :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.