1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas December 2008, MGM and extra night

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by volk1, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volk1

volk1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Vegas December 2008

We had a 5 day trip planned to the neon city, this was 6 guys aged between 24 – 34, myself V( Aged 31), S(34), R(30), E(24), G(27) and lastly A( 26), myself and S were going for a friends wedding.
    This was my 7th time to Vegas, and my 3rd trip there this year, S and G had also been once before, and this was the first time for R, E and A.

We met a very glary eyed R and E at the airport, as they thought it would be a good idea not to sleep the night before the flight, so they could overdose on their nicotine as they were worried about the long flight ahead, this would turn out to be a big mistake later in the holiday.

The Virgin flight from London to Vegas goes smoothly and on time, the flight was half empty so we all managed to have an aisle each.

We were staying at the MGM as we had got a good deal on the bungalow queen suite’s there, check in ok and get settled. I have never seen Vegas so quiet, but I’m still excited to be back in my favourite city.
    R had told me back in London that he wouldn’t be gambling on this trip, funny how we find R, E and A on the very first BJ table we walk past!
    R wins a few hundred and decides that he must win another $9800 by the end of the holiday, short memory hey.

For the first night we head to the ESPN bar and restaurant for a quick something to eat, R is not looking to good lack of sleep is catching up with him.
    We have a little gamble in NYNY and then walk across to the Excalibur and take the tram to Mandalay Bay for some more gambling, we decide to show the boys the view from Mix bar however they want a cover charge and also inform us that it’s empty up there, nice. So we decide to give it a miss the lack of sleep finally catches up with R and he heads back home, we head over to the Wynn and have a few drinks in the lounge bar which is great we find ourselves sitting and people watching for a while we finish the night of at Blush nightclub, an over excited A talks to everyone in the club, very amusing. “Welcome to Vegasâ€.
    We finish the night with some late night Blackjack in MGM and call it night around 5am.

Day 2
    Shopping at the outlet mall is followed by some more at Caesars forum shops, which is a great place I love the forum shops. G had decided to buy the whole of the Nike store at the outlets so we decided to leave him there.
    G has a friend to meet that evening, R, E and A don’t make it out of their rooms and sleep all night, so me and S head to the Gran Lux at the Venetian for dinner, meet up with some friends (the grooms brother and his girlfriend) and head to Fremont Street for some cheap gambling with some cheap vodka what a great combination. Me and S later end up in Toby Keith’s in flamingo, We arrange to meet G and his lady friend there, a few beers later we decide to head to Cat house at the Luxor, were we finish the night and head back home. “Here comes the moneyâ€

Day 3
    The wedding is at the little chapel of flowers near the Stratosphere , that all goes well and we have a happily married couple, weddings are so easy in this town. The married couple treat the few guests that made the journey to lunch at the top of the world restaurant in the Stratosphere which is lovely. Me and S take the monorail back to the MGM were I go and decide to check on the other 3 in their room that never made it out the previous night, good timing as they just open a bottle Vodka on my arrival, a few very large Vodka cranberry’s :beer:later we all head to the Venetian for a quick something to eat then the V bar for some more Vodka, R has a bad headache which isn’t helped each time he slaps his own forehead, maybe the froggy game earlier in the room may have caused the headache, hey R? One, frog, jumped, into splash! Doh!
    We have a few drinks in the Revolution Bar at the Mirage and head to Jets which we are told is empty, so we are more than happy when we get free entry and find the clubbing rocking, R had forgotten his Id so is refused entry and calls it a night, we will have to make sure R has at least one night out in Vegas soon.
    Drinks start flowing and a few hours later E and A are strutting their stuff on the dance floor, very impressive. E decides to buy a Vodka red bull and nearly throws up drinking it and has tears running down his face, funniest thing of the night.
    We head back to the MGM for some more BJ and drinks, another great night.

Day 4
    Shopping at the fashion show mall, we decide to get a taxi back but the traffic is terrible so we decide to walk back to the MGM, city centre is looking good and I like what they have done to Planet Hollywood. G continues to buy up half of Nike as room is covered in shopping bags, some more Vodka cranberry in room drinking is started, E decides to change his outfit every 30 minutes which is very amusing. “ Tie or no tieâ€
    We spend the night in Rock in NYNY which is an amusing night, G ends up with a broken camera and gets thrown out of NYNY, have to ask him what happened. I hit the cash poker table at MGM I’m up $100 after a few hands then blow the lot when my 2 pair gets badly beat by four of a kind of 7’s….

Day 5
    Is pretty quiet day for me some shopping at fashion show, packing for the flight in the morning and a night in for me, the others head to studio 54.

Day 6
    Check out of the room spend my last hundred at roulette and head for the taxi line when E calls and explains our flight is cancelled, so we leave our cases at MGM and head to the airport to find out what’s going on, The flight cancellation is confirmed, due to bad weather our plane is still in London. Virgin staff confirms we have reservations at Treasure Island, buffet dinner and breakfast which is all paid for by Virgin. “ G is very happyâ€
    Check in at the Treasure Island and are given rooms on the 30th floor which are to a very high standard very similar to the Bellagio rooms but have smaller bathrooms.
    We play some BJ at Treasure Island then head over to Margaritaviille for some beers and margaritas, we order chicken nachos for one, and between the 3 of us fail to even eat half of it. “Love the portion sizesâ€
    We get ready for the evening, R and A stay in and sleep, G meets up with his lady friend. The 3 of us head to Fontana bar in Bellagio for a few beers then headed to Christian Audigier in treasure Island for some more Vodka cranberry’s, some late night BJ for me and E then decide to call it a night.
    The flight the following day was overbooked so Virgin were asking for volunteers to stay another night and on top of another nights free accommodation, were also offering free flights with Virgin, unfortunately for me and S we had work to get home to and also very unhappy Girlfriends if we had stayed, the other boys took up the offer and stayed another night. And theirs is another story.

2. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. Enjoyable read.

later, GVJ

3. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice TR!:peace:

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow.....lots of shopping for a group of men - I'm impressed! lol Sounds like you all had a wonderful time and bonus on the extra night in Vegas.:eek:

5. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much Nike stuff did you friend buy? It would be hard for me to turn down another free night in Vegas even with work and girlfriends waiting.

Back where we belong
  6. volk1

volk1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another night in Vegas would have been great, but i'll be back there very soon anyway. More annoyed that I didnt take the free flight really. :grrr:

7. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR enjoyed reading....I like to shop to....:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.