1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Bound Baby!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Cranvo, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cranvo

Cranvo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So heres the story. 2 single guys, one just recently divorced, made last minute plans and bought plane tickets for Halloween weekend. We're staying from 10/29 - 11/02 and haven't even bought our hotel rooms yet. Problem is we're undecided. We feel like 2 kids (both are 40yo) on Christmas Day. We want the strip, but not high rollers, love craps, BJ and 2-3NL holdem.

It's funny how I can't remember the last time I've ever been to a Halloween party, but for some reason I think we will never forget this one. We've been looking at TI, MGM or Harras. I've noticed prices have been dropping on 3 rd party sites. You get what you pay for so I'm not looking at Circus Circus or Stratosphere . Plus we don't want to be at the end of the strip.....for convenience. Guess we have to choose soon!

2. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check prices at the Westgate. Not on the strip but the monorail gets you there fast. Room prices were cheap last time I checked. My family stayed there last week for a wedding and we checked out the rooms, very nice for the price.

Edit: on second thought for what you want I think downtown (like the Plaza) would be better. Halloween rocks downtown.

TomTWI

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of the 3 you mentioned....Harrah's has the best location & is close to so much. Ling complex / Flamingo right there. Bally's & Flamingo have a good poker room for 1-2 or 2-4 hold'em with less low level pros laying in wait for tourists. Good luck!!

4. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TI & Harrahs of the ones you mentioned are your best bet. Great location, and the poker rooms are a bit 'softer' competition which makes for more fun at the tables. Being mid-strip is key and those give you a good location without paying an arm and a leg. Also look at Flamingo. I haven't been since Linq opened, but echo sybgal's mention of Bally's. You can't go wrong with any of any of these.

Good luck and have fun!! Never been during Halloween....bet it's a blast.

5. Cranvo

Cranvo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses guys. Im going to take the advice for the gambling aspect but I found an awesome deal right after I booked at MGM. I posted a link in the hotel section but I cancelled my original reservation with MGM and lowered my nightly stay to $71 a night, free daily buffet and a free premium view upgrade from W Wing. Ill also try the $20 trick for an additional upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
  6. Cranvo

Cranvo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry guys and SHOCK for posting anything I shouldn't have. Hopefully no harm, no foul. I must say though that I have found MGM's customer service to be amazingly polite, professional and assertive.

7. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a blast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.