1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas at Christmas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sin City Sinner, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sin City Sinner

Sin City Sinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, my wife and I are kicking around the idea of planning a family vacation with my parents, my sister, her husband and their kid (who will be 16 next year).

Much earlier this year I had looked at rates in Vegas for the week of 12/15 and the rooms looked way low, but I don't remember what the cost of plane tickets were. I looked for this year and they are something like $400 round trip per person from Sea-Tac, but considering when I flew in September my ticket was only $250, I'm assuming that the rates are inflated because their are so few seats left now. Are flights usually higher or lower around mid-December?

Also, does anyone know if they tend to have any extra deals on tickets to shows around this time? Again, just wondering based on the rates that I saw for rooms.

2. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can tell you at least from my home airport (CMH) the fares are a bit higher but there are fewer flights daily and therefore fewer seats. I may or may not be the reason for your home airport.

Tentative Arrival
  3. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in my experience, flights in december are roughly twice as much as the summer flights (i fly out of newark, nj). you might be able to snag a deal for flights on cyber monday (which just occurred), but i've never been good at finding deals on airfare. it's always just been luck for me if i get a good price.

4. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Around Christmas, many shows go dark and send everyone on vacation. I don't recall any super deals for the shows that remain, but it has been a while since we went at Christmas.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We reserved rooms and booked r/t on Delta two and a half weeks ago at the lowest fare we've seen in years! They weren't what I'd call cheap, but nearly $100 less than we've been paying. (Going on a companion ticket and having free rooms helps too!) We always try to coordinate room offers with air, but basically we just got darn lucky this time.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.