1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas and Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by AndyGator, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyGator

AndyGator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all, nice little messageboard you've got.

12/27-1/3 will be my third trip to Vegas. I'm putting in the most prep time yet on this one, and really hoping to make it my best yet.

My first trip was December 2011 during the dead period. Myself and another UF student flew to LA to meet up with a mutual friend and the three of us made the drive to Vegas. We did two nights at Harrah's on a budget. Played some VP, enjoyed the free beers :beer: and took the free limo to Spearmint Rhino. Our friend brought some of his special medicine from California and we feasted on the Orleans buffet.

My second trip was late January 2013 with my dad. We stayed five nights at Planet Hollywood (booked Hollywood Hip, got fountain view, really liked the room and gaming there). It really had its ups and downs. We saw Love and Penn and Teller, both with tickets through Tix4Tonight. It frustrated me how much time it felt T4T added in inconveniences . I went 0/7 on NBA bets at the sports book, and no luck at VP.

I made a return trip to Spearmint one night around 2am, and when I left the club the sun was up :eek: . That night I got hustled out of a lot of cash by dancers and all the people in VIP that expect tips. Worst strip club experience ever - and I've been to a lot in Florida and New Orleans. But the theater shows were good, good room, good buffets.

So 12/27 begins round three, with Dad again. We're staying at South Point on the 27th (flight gets in late), Rio 28th and 29th, LVH 30th and 31st, and Venetian 1/1 and 1/2. I look forward to betting on the college bowl games and checking out some new properties. We have show tickets already booked for Zarkana (12/31) and Ka (1/2 - MyVegas BOGO).

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board Andy! Hope you have a great trip and please let us know how it went....especially your NYE experience....

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! The "lumps" are part of the Vegas experience and ya just hope to keep them minimized or at least learn from them. Hope your upcoming trip is a BLAST!!!

4. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome, looking forward to your first trip report when you return!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.