1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vdara spa upgrade for wife?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by HuskerBB, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I get the Vdara spa coupon can I use it to upgrade a spa treatment for my wife. I have no interest in that but she typically goes to a spa when we are in Vegas. If it makes a different our mlife cards are linked (or at least they used to be under the old system, not sure she has a card anymore she usually just uses mine if she is playing in an mgm property).

2. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be no problem. Haven't done it with that particular reward, but have let my wife use rewards in the past without me there.

One note -- the spa upgrade is only good Sunday-Thursday. Was hoping to use that on our upcoming trip, but we don't spa it until Friday.

3. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HuskerBB,

I just asked this exact same question on the MyVegas Friends Rocks facebook page. Staying at the Vdara on Saturday thru Monday in May. Want to get my wife a massage on Sunday and hope to use this upgrade for her. Will let you know if I get an answer. Please update if you are successful for your wife.

dannyocean, if you happen to hit the ESPA spa on your trip, would you be so kind as to ask the staff whether this would be allowed? Much appreciated.

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to ask. We'll be hitting up ESPA at least twice. Will report back in about 11 days!!

5. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi dannyocean!

Wanted to followup and see how your experience at ESPA at Vdara went.

Were you able to ask about the myVegas spa upgrade.

I asked this question on a myVegas Facebook group and was given the stock answer "myVegas rewards can only be used by the player who earned them". Bah!

6. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Related but slightly off topic.... be sure to get your spafinder giftcards at costco before you go. They amount to essentially 20% off

7. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to go... told my wife about it and she purchased several hundred dollars worth the next day!

8. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to post an update to provide an answer for the HuskerBB's original question - the same question that I had.

I checked in with dannyocean a couple of weeks ago by pm and he responded saying that ESPA Spa was "fantastic... low-key... best massages we've ever had". He did not use the MyVegas reward for the upgrade because his wife's massage was on Friday and the reward is only good Sunday-Thursday.

Last Thursday, I called and spoke with a staff member at the ESPA Spa and asked if I could use the reward for the massage upgrade for my wife, even though the reward was in my name. He said it would not be a problem and to bring in my reward code (didn't have it at hand when I called) after I had checked in. Fast forward to Saturday after I check-in and go to the Spa to find this specific staff member. He remembered our earlier conversation, took my reward code and assured me that they would take care of my wife's massage upgrade the next day. On Sunday, I asked her about the Spa day and she said it was a very good experience and confirmed that they gave her an 80 minute massage but only charged her for 50 minutes.

So the answer to the original question is, yes, you can use the spa upgrade for you wife. However, I got the feeling that it is based upon their staff's discretion to follow the rules to the letter and deny the request or, in the case of the staff member that assisted me, to accept the upgrade and provide excellent customer service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.