1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Various Restaurants Visited

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by the nuts, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was in Vegas Sept 16-22 at the Venetian and had a chance to try several spots that were recommended on this board. Thank you for all the great suggestions, we tried many of them and I wanted to report back on our experience:

Tableau at Wynn(9.5/10): We tried this breakfast spot as it was highly recommended and there has been some debate about it compared to Bouchon. It was excellent quality food with an elegant feel. Bouchon has a more relaxed energy compared to Tableau. The food is equivalent in quality and flavor. The service at Tableau was more professional, but Bouchon is a close second. We tried many things on the menu and everyone was pleased with their meal. We especially enjoyed the organic options and vegetarian dishes. I would recommend this place for sure. I would not recommend taking any kids here.

Bouchon at Venetian (10/10): My all time favorite for breakfast! I can eat breakfast at this place every day and never get sick of it. So many mean options and everything is always delicious! The service is usually good, but we had an exceptional server this time around. He was attentive and detailed when it came to getting our orders perfect. I always appreciate that in a waiter/waitress. Highly highly recommend Bouchon for breakfast! You cant go wrong and in my opinion superior to Tableau. You can definitely bring kids here.

B&B burgers and beer at Venetian(9/10): My new burger spot for late night grub. The menu is small but delicious. We ate here almost every night after midnight. The place was usually pretty quiet at that time, but the food amazing. They have a make your own burger section of the menu which I used every time. Its a bit more expensive but worth it to customize your burger. Although Im not a fan of adding funny stuff to a burger, I decided to try a fried egg on top. It was the best! I have been missing out big time! Something about the combination of fried eggs and ground beef that is perfect! Also enjoyed putting cole slaw inside the burger, which is something I learned as a kid. The nutela shake was to die for! Highly recommend this place at any time of day!

Buddy V's at Venetian (8.5/10): Im a big fan of cake boss and wanted to try this place. Plus their lasagna has great reviews and that's one of my favorites. So we made a reservation for 12 and they were very accommodating. We ordered almost everything on the menu to be honest, but the lasagna overshadowed the other dishes! It was one of the best I have ever had, and Ive had my share of lasagna. Its a fun family atmosphere and you will enjoy the home made Italian food. Buddy Vs gives off the energy they advertise which is family style home cooking.

Grimaldis at Palazzo (9/10): the best pizza I have had in Vegas. I have tried metro pizza, and many other spots but this one is my favorite. I love trying new pizza spots but Grimaldis is a must every trip. This time the staff was pretty lame, but the food on par. We called to make a reservation for 12 people and they were very busy. The person on the phone said this, "We can accommodate you but you have to be out by 9pm. Can you leave by 9?" LOL. I politely taught her how to phrase that in a more polite and friendly manner. She replied, "Im just repeating exactly what my manager said to me". LOL! Despite that, I Highly recommend.

Otto at Venetian (6/10): This place was boring and the food average at best. Usually molto Mario restaurants make me happy. This one for some reason was depressing and the food was uninspired. The gnocchi was not better than what I make at home (Im not a great cook). The pizza was blah and the whole experience was not great. This place is located in the Piazza, don't bother, just go across the way to Wolfgang's restaurant which was much better!

Just a few spots we tried, hope this will help someone try some new restaurants. I know this forum helped me try some of these spots and Im thankful because some have become a tradition every time I go to Vegas. :wave:

2. VegasBound413

VegasBound413 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reviews. I am just starting the planning for our trip and I will run these by my husband. May have to try some of them out. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I share your affinity for Tableau, Bouchon and Grimaldi's. (But I haven't yet tried the others on your list.) Thanks for the reviews. :thumbsup:

4. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buddy V's is worth a shot, just for the lasagna! If you like burgers you will be happy with B&B!

5. FloppedASet

FloppedASet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great reviews got me wanting to venture that way down the strip.. Some lasagna followed by canolies would be phenomenal

6. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can do this in one month when you visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.