1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vancouver, BC, Eats

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Any suggestions for Vancouver restaurants? Downtown. Keys are seasonal and regional. TYIA

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I go to Vancouver a few times per year. My favorite restaurant I've been to among finer dining is Cioppino's in Yaletown. If you go get the pappardelle! Big wine list too since that is something you're into. Jean-Georges Market is really good too. Both will have seasonal off-menu items but I'm not so sure about regional.

One place I always always eat at when I'm there is Stepho's, its a very casual Greek souvlaki place. Super popular (often have lines but we have a hookup), awesome food, it seems like anyone you meet in Vancouver knows the place well. I usually get the roast lamb.

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to check out "West", it is just across the bridge from downtown and is located in South Granville area. While in the area, about a block or so away, check out Meinhardt fine foods, if even for a snack/treat back in the hotel room!
    Another great place in Cin-Cin (Italian), extensive wine list/cellar, located right on Robson Street.
    Can't go wring with Cioppino's in Yaletown either, as mentioned by KickinChicken!
    Enjoy!

4. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a good meal at the Flying Pig two years or so ago- http://theflyingpigvan.com/ . Wine wise, one of my favourites is the Old Vines Marechal Foch from Quail's Gate. The area where the restaurant is has been reclaimed from warehouses, so there are these long concrete loading docks filled with patios, and if I remember correctly there was a wine store across the street heading away from downtown near the pig, so you could take a few back to the room, for dessert.

5. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stop at Joe Fortes and Thierry Patisserie when I'm in Vancouver. I usually get dinner at Joe Fortes then head to Thierry for dessert since it's on the way to the hotel I usually stay at.

As crazy as it sounds, I never found a Cantonese restaurant that I liked in the Vancouver/Richmond area.

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That is pretty surprising, Richmond seems like one giant Chinatown. My fiancee's family are regulars at a Chinese restaurant in Burnaby called Burnaby Palace. I've only eaten there once but it was very good and seemed to be very popular with the local Chinese population.

7. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely get to DT Vancouver anymore. Used to enjoy Joe Fortes too.

Check out this magazine.

http://www.vanmag.com

8. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No kidding. I went to a few of them and never had a good experience at any of them. Fortunately, I'm in Hong Kong every 2/3 months so I get my fair share of Cantonese food/dim sum over there.

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Thanks for the input. Looks like we have Vancouver booked through vrbo.com and we'll likely do Fairmont up in Whistler.

10. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you used vrbo or something similar before? I've looked at these sites and wondered how satisfied folks were with them.

11. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been 10 years, but the last time we went to Vancouver BC 2 of our favorites were Blue Water Grill in Yaletown, and Cardero's in Coal Harbor.

The open air market on Granville island also has some nice choices, but only went there once for lunch, and it's probably a smidgen touristy.

Big Game 2017 == Vegas XXVI
  12. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommend Araxi and Sidecut in Whistler.You're within walking distance to both places since the Fairmont is centrally located between the Village and Four Seasons (where Sidecut is located). Let me know how your stay at the Fairmont is.. even though I liked the F&B options at the Four Seasons, the Rooms Departments needs major help with customer service...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.