1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vacation Choices

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TomTWI, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been thinking about where to vacation next. We can fly to Jamaica for approx $1,000 or Vegas for $700. All inclusive in Jamaica ten days $3k and have amazing beaches and reefs. Great pools, free drinks, free golf (pay for caddy and cart only) and food. The people are fantastic and service great. Ok the entertainment is limited but who needs it with that beach. They have slots and VP with bad pay outs.

Or I could go to Vegas, pay for EVERYTHING and get my ass handed to me again. If I paid for a room it would be $600 or more. Transportation $200. Food drinks and gambling losses add up. I'm sure my attitude is clouded by my bad luck the last couple trips.

I still love Vegas but the gambling isn't as good as it used to be. If I want bad VP I can get that 100yds from and awesome beach.

TomTWI

2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of those 2 choices, I say Jamaica! I love Jamaica too.

We do a 10 day winter vacation every January and then Vegas 2-3 times a year. (This past January we were in Aruba, last January we were in Hawaii.) We feel like the spend is not a huge difference between the 2 (even though one place we are spending $ on resorts and food/drink vs. getting everything free because of gambling but that costs $$$ too). I think we are going to give up 1 Vegas trip a year to add a 2nd tropical vacation each year.

Vegas will likely cost you more than the $3k for 10 days in Jamaica. I say go for it!

3. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like Sandals maybe?

Played the Golf Course years ago. Keep an eye on the caddie ,mine stole a club from me.Maybe he was working on a set one club at a time.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With that attitude... Jamaica man.

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been but all inclusive in Jamaica ten days $3k and have amazing beaches and reefs sounds pretty nice.

I know 10 days in Vegas or any other place is a long time. Not sure if you would get overly bored or if there is enough to do or those extra days looking for activities could turn that $3k expense into $5k.

6. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Moon Palace in Cancun last month. Look on vrbo.com for members selling their weeks. You can probably get a week for $2500. We did the math on the expected spend for meals and drinks and figured the room was about $89 a night. And you just around with a wristband and room key. There are so many restaurants we never ate at the same one for dinner. Wonderful pools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.