1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

V/P Cruise Giveaway

Discussion in 'Comps' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

We're coming into V/P in 2 days. We were able to piece together a pretty nice offer, including some FP and a slot tournament which my wife loves. I'll probably start a thread on the trip, although I have a bad track record of keeping those going once we arrive.

Part of our offer also includes a cruise giveaway aboard Princess. You can play more to get a better cabin. I've had such giveaways at locals before and through CET and I know there can be some hidden costs, such as administrative fees are serious restrictions on when they can be redeemed.

My question is has anyone ever done it with V/P? Anything to know or tips?

Neither my wife and I are big cruise people (in disclosure, we've never been on one - the idea isn't all that appealing), but thought we might actually take advantage of this one.

2. USCdude87

USCdude87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I picked up a voucher from Palazzo last Fall, and booked a 7-Night cruise in October. All I was responsible for were the taxes, which were only $110/pp. In addition, you will be responsible for the automatic gratuity. What's great about cruising is that you can start paying for all the extra expenses such as excursions, prior to your trip.

I was thinking about going to Palazzo to pick up another Princess Cruise voucher, but the dates don't work out too well. Have fun, and good luck!

3. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Fuzzy - I received a Princess cruise certificate a few years ago with a Grazie offer. Unfortunately, I ended up not using it. I think it had to be used before the end of that year. Things came up, like other trips to Vegas, and my husband and I just never found a sailing to go on. But, I do like cruising, and hope you give it a try to see if it's something you and your wife enjoy.

There's a special number you call to book. The certificate covered the cruise fare only, not the taxes, fees, and port expenses. In addition, you'll also pay the daily gratuity that USCdude mentioned. It's automatically added to your shipboard account, either $12.95 or $13.95/person/day with Princess. The shore excursions in each port are another expense, and vary in price based on what you decide to do. The Cruise Critic website has a useful article, The 10 Hidden Costs of Cruising, that you might want to check out. The cruise certificate will save you money, but know going in that a complimentary cruise does not mean free. ; ) Have a great stay at the Palazzo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.