1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

V/P Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who does not want to get burned (again) by V/P I just wanted to share a concern and see if others have had similar experiences.

My wife and I go to Vegas 3-4 times a year, normally we stay at V/P for 4 nights (comped) and will tack on 2-3 nights at a CET or Mlife property if we have the comps there as well. We are Gold with Grazie as they get the vast majority of our play, and we hold cards at other properties.

In the past we've always gotten 4 nights comp, + several hundred in freeplay and another hundo or so in f/b. We've always had these offers months in advance. We work with a host who historically has been very good at communicating our offers and working to get us great deals.

We have a trip coming up beginning of August, our rooms are comped, but they "don't have in the system yet" what the rest of the offer is. When I log into Grazie's (terrible) computer system, which always shows offers 3 months out, this is the first time I've ever seen "no offers yet" in August or Sep. My host has gotten somewhat defensive when I ask....I really am not that worried about the size of the offer (I play through freeplay like nothing, so its no skin off my nose)...but I just don't like feeling like I'm being jerked around either.

My concern is whether or not other people are having similar experiences, if this is indicative of another policy shift regarding Grazie comps or just poor organization/management by V/P.

Any feedback is appreciated!!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked my account and I see offers for August and the first half of September.

I am a low level Gold at V/P.

I don't know what to tell you.

3. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the response. I think we're low level Gold as well (We have about 40,000 points). Mind if I ask last time you visited? Ours was February, so I feel like we should still be on the radar for offers, but maybe not.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three weeks ago for the Summer Grazie Gift event, but I haven't stayed with them for a year beyond that.

5. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in May. I just booked my August trip, but my offers only finally showed up last week- it did seem like a long time for them to get the August one out. I have nothing showing beyond that yet. As for the offer, it's up compared to the previous ones, but, so was my play. So far it all seems fine to me, but agree the offers aren't showing up very far in advance-

Hope yours show up soon!

6. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses! Like I said, I'm not concerned so much with what the offer is so much as that it comes. :) I don't want to get burned by V/P pulling comps again, so I'm glad to hear people are seeing them and they are out there, even if I'm not.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I finally figured out what was going on with my offers and thought I would update here in case its helpful to anyone else.

I finally reached someone in marketing who could explain this to me, as the extent of my host's knowledge was seeing there were "no offers in the system."

Once you book with V/P, their system "locks you out" of receiving additional offers, so we won't get any offers by virtue of the fact we've already booked a stay for our anniversary (note that we continued to receive offers for any offers which PREDATED our booked stay - but no offers for the time of our booked stay or after), which is why the system wasn't showing anything past our planned trip. Once we check out, the offers will all appear. The only way to book an additional stay with an offer was to go through the host, which is challenging because without his computer to guide him he could only look at theo and "guess" at what our offer would be.

I know V/P doesn't want you changing plans to take a better offer, but I appreciate the fact I can continue to see offers at CET without contacting a host even though I have a trip booked.

8. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update. Not doubting what you were told, but that still doesn't sound quite right to me. Based on your original post my first thought was that there was a glitch in your account. I'm still not understanding why you and your host were seeing 'no offers in the system' before you booked your trip. Also, I've had trips booked in advance and never recall being locked out for new offers. I'll have to pay attention to that going forward.

9. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree Nicky, it didn't jive with my past experiences either. Although in fairness, I'm not sure we've ever pre-planned this far in advance before. Like you, I'm going to pay close attention moving forward.

Like you, I'm not so sure something else wasn't going on,. My personal theory is that since we booked our room months in advance (before we had an offer in hand), we are seen as an "easy sell" and they don't feel the need to now give us a big free play or resort credit offer to get us to come. I hate to be so paranoid in that regard, but moving forward I think we'll be less inclined to book months in advance to ensure we have our plans locked into place.

We're planning another trip in November for my wife's birthday and the rock n roll marathon, I'm going to wait to book this one until we get a firm offer and see if things are different.

10. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your play has been steady, your offer should be consistent with what they've been. If not, that would be a red flag, and I'd certainly question my host about that. Keep us updated on how things work out. Have a great trip!

11. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final update here (I hope), received an unsolicited email out of the blue from our host who informed me he just credited our account with $X in freeplay and $Y in resort comps. The figures are slightly lower than normal (but still more than adequate).

I have to say I honestly have no idea whats going on with Grazie, but (at least in relation to my account), its fair to say the right and left hands have no idea what the other is doing, and nobody knows that the body is doing.

Glad to hear everything is OK though, and any kinks were worked out.

12. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still newer to Grazie, only started playing with them this year, so I too am trying to get a feel for how they work- previously I worked with a host at Cosmo for the most part. At Cosmo, I had candid conversations with the host, he gave me straight up 40% of THEO for comps consideration, and otherwise I just booked my marketing offers for the upfront.....other than the mystery of what marketing was going to do, I had a really good idea of expectations.

At V/P, I don't yet have that same sense of understanding, but, I will say I am getting the notion that they are going to be fair. I think they tend to go a little more conservative on the upfront and make up for it on the backend. I'm okay with that if in doing so, it protects them, and ultimately myself, from people stripping the offers and wrecking it for everyone.

What you stated about being locked out on the offers makes total sense......when I initially contacted my host for an upcoming trip where offers weren't showing up yet, she said she couldn't do anything for me until they showed up. (Whereas Cosmo host used to just set it up knowing my play would be adequate and just add an offer code after the fact). Since you are Gold, I wouldn't worry about needing to book in advance since you get guaranteed suite availability up to 72 hours prior to arrival.

13. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! That's REALLY good! Most times, you have to fight to get 35%.

14. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really sure of going rates, but sadly he is gone from there now!

15. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a question re: backend comps. Historically we get our offer (room + FP + F/B, tickets, etc)...we come to Vegas, we use our offer, play a lot, charge a ton to the room, leave, pay off the credit card for the charges, rinse and repeat a few months later.

Are you suggesting that we might want to talk to our host before (or right after) check out to see if he can comp any of the charges we had during the week? Or when you talk about back-end are you referring to the increase in future offers?

We always cash in our Grazie points for free play when we leave, but are you referring to something else that is between you and the host?

Just want to make sure we aren't missing out on anything! :)

16. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, we're talking about more! Marketing sends those offers out, those are the front end offers.

When you have finished your play on the trip, either contact your host, or simply go to the host on duty, and request they review your play for any discretionary comps. They will look at the volume you played (they do calculations that create your THEO or ADT) rather than win/loss. Well, loss is factored but only if it's Really large. Depending on the amount of play, you may be eligible for additional amounts to be taken off your bill, sometimes the entire bill. So, maybe you did 5000 in theo- the other host (at 40%) would have allowed for $2000 in comps. If my front end offers were valued at $1200 in their system, they would be okay to take up to another $800 off the back end.

The big thing is to remember to charge EVERYTHING to your room, and ask before you check out.

It has no bearing on Grazie points at all, you still get to use those too. And you still get future marketing offers.

V/P appears to be really tough to get play info from, they seem to prefer just to give you your average bet and hours. I have been able to get my THEO from my host but I don't know what the max% amount they are okay to give me. My 2 trips there they were willing to take ALL my allowable charges off (they won't comp tips, agreed upon upgrade fees or retail purchases), so not sure how much room there was since I haven't had them cap at a certain level in my charges or actually tell me the %.

Hope that helps!

17. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow thanks for the tip! See, I've been going to Venetian / Palazzo multiple times each year and have never once asked for back-end comps. I just always assumed the front end offer was as good as it got. My host always was willing to "beat" the Marketing offers with additional comp historically, so that might have reduced what we could have gotten back end anyway, but thanks again for the tips.

On a related note, I assume you only earn Grazie points for the charges that end up sticking right? With 2 trips to Vegas planned before the end of the year my wife and I have an outside goal of reaching platinum. In order to do that we'd be relying significantly on the 20x points per dollar charged to the room. But if it all gets comped away, I doubt you still get credit right?

Not that platinum really gets you all that much with Grazie (way more value in just getting the back end comps I bet), just something we should probably consider before requesting it.

18. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, you'd only get the 20x points for charges that remain on your bill.

19. ca.toolguy

ca.toolguy Tourist

We are going to the Palazzo Aug 2-5. We booked a slot tournament and 3 free nights. The other day an offer came with 2 free meals at the Yardbird restaurant and $100 in free slot play. When I called to inquire about it, the lady said that a new offer just came out and you can give up the slot tournament and get $175 in slot play. I called our host and changed to the $175 offer.

We booked this trip several months ago and still gets lots of offers via snail mail and email. Hope this helps.

20. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all the years I have been a Grazie member I have never known V/P to do a lock out of offers because a trip is currently booked with them. I had trips booked for June, July and August this summer and when I was there in June my offers for July and August were showing up in my online account and I booked them. My Mom who is a low roller also had Palazzo booked this month and went on my birthday trip with me and she had a bunch of offers in her account for August/September for low level tournaments.

I will agree something unusual is happening with Grazie marketing, because normally I have a dozen offers per month at Platinum level and instead lately it's only been 2 or 3 a month and at the moment my offers only go to October 1st where in years past by the end of July I would have offers going to at least October 31st or beyond. Also while I had a couple good offers for July my birthday offer didn't arrive until almost the week before my birthday trip and while I was able to apply it instead to my July trip it was odd that the offer said it was good from Feb 2015 to July 31st, but I didn't received it in email until around July 5th. What's also strange is I have access to my Mom's online Grazie account and she isn't even gold level yet but she has a handful of offers as mentioned for comped rooms for low level tournaments in August and September and while they don't come close to matching my offers, she has more offers then I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.