1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using TR points to pay for my parent's room, food, etc.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tranzport, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tranzport

Tranzport Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be staying at the Flamingo for a few nights in December with my GF and my parents. I'll be in a comped room and my parents will be paying some negligible amount for their room (~$7/night). Since they don't have any TR points, and my GF and I have amassed a ton (~130,000) we'd like to pay for all of their "fun" during the trip. If they charge everything to their room, upon check-out, can I hand over my card and have them deduct all their expenses from my stash of TR points? Or, does everything have to be charged to my room?

Thanks!

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easily done...in fact have done it myself on a few trips. Helped pay for our kids rooms/food when they didn't have enough comps. Just go to the check-out desk with them.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done it two ways. Extra room booked in our name, then pay with points.

Extra room booked in their room, then stop by and pay with points.

4. wroberson

wroberson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never paid for a room with points but food is easy. You just have to be around when they are ready to check out or pay the bill.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.