1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using The Total Rewards Page To Book a Room

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Military Mike, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Military Mike

Military Mike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am planning a trip to vegas sometime in October when I get back from my current deployment. I do not have the exact dates yet for my leave peroid. Is it better to wait till I have the exact dates to book the rooms or would the hotel be flexable with me because I am booking it though the Total Rewards Web Page? Also how does this help me earn some comp points. I am a red to green chip player. I do plan on spending a fare amount of $$ when I am in vegas but I only go once a year because of the military and getting out to vegas can be a bit of a hassle. Thanks

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moving dates does not exactly work. Some dates will show up free. Some dates will show up discounted. Some will show up not available.

So, it is not a case of just moving the dates around. Sometimes it is no problem because the new dates are - well, comped. But if the new dates are already full or getting full, then it may not be comped.

I would still book what your best guess is for dates - though probably not this early. Booking rooms do not earn you any points, unless you are actually spending money.

3. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Mike, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!! As soon as you have a pretty good idea of your dates, then go ahead and book, if you need to change, they wont have a problem with that, however the rate or comp may be different. also remember that TR hotels do charge a resort fee now. BEST OF LUCK

4. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I often book dates ahead of time like birthdays or special offers. I might have 3 to 4 reservations. If it does not work out I just cancel it within the time they ask for. If you can book more than one date and cancel as you know what date you can go. That way they are not booked up if you need that date.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only downside of booking when you are unsure of your dates is the deposit (usually the cost of your first night).

They will let you change or cancel the reservation up to 72 hours before it starts.

As for getting comp points, if you book with your TR # and are paying for the room I believe you'll get some TR credits for it after check-out, but not a significant amount and not early enough to get you anything on this trip.

At red to green chip table games play, I would not expect to earn much in "points" over your stay. Your best bet will be discounted or comp rates in the calendar for future stays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.