1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using room reward just to buy others?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by HuskerBB, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone out there ever used a room reward and not stayed in the room - just did it to qualify for the rewards requiring a stay? I can get a Luxor room for 18,000 LP's during our upcoming trip but don't need the room as we are comped by CET. But, this would qualify us for the $50 Monte Carlo credit - just making that reward cost 68,000 points instead of 50,000 (and using up 2 of the allowed MGM rewards). Qualifies me for other rewards as well although not sure what I would use - just having trouble figuring out how to spend LP's for this trip.

If I do this would I need to actually go check in at Luxor before getting the voucher at Monte Carlo? Is my assumption correct that I could obtain and use the MC voucher either the day I check in or the day I would "check out" of the room - but only on one of those two days?

2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. You can (or have to) redeem when you're checked in and you could do it on either day. Keep in mind that you're gonna have to pay resort fee on MV comp room, that's $28 at Luxor.

3. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you could. You would also have to pay the $25 = $28 with tax resort fee so then you would only be saving $22 on food -- If that $25 is worth your time or you are going to get another reward requiring a stay than it may be worth it. For me it would not be worth the hassle.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  4. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about the resort fee. The probably defeats the purpose of my plan. I could probably come with rewards that would justify the incurred cost but I don't think I want to spend money on this idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.