1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using multiple mLife quarterly offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasSchemer, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey folks,

Can you use multiple mLife quarterly offers?

For example, my winter offer includes 3 free nights from Luxor, 2 free nights Sun-Thurs from MGM and BOGO free from Bellagio. They all include some FP and varying amounts of resort credit. Can I book these offers for the different hotels or is this basically "pick one of these 9 offers"?

Thanks!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    should be able to book all of them, just not back to back.

3 nights minimum in between.

3. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think as long as you have 72hrs between bookings you can book as many as you like during the offer period

4. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my understanding (I could be wrong) is that the free room you can book multiple times, but free play and resort credits not.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terms and Conditions

This offer must be booked by March 31, 2016. This offer is valid now through June 30, 2016. Blackout dates may apply. Guests must be invited M life members and a registered hotel guest to receive promotion components. Promotional offer components will vary by resort. This offer is nontransferable, subject to availability, and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Every effort will be made to accommodate your requests for specific room type and location; however, we are unable to guarantee any requests as rooms are not assigned until check-in. A daily resort fee, which includes select resort amenities, may be added to your room account. Complimentaries will be deducted from your available comp balance. Any complimentaries in addition to the listed offer inclusions may be awarded based upon your gaming activity during your stay. There must be 72 hours in between promotional trips within MGM Resorts International destinations. Gaming offers may only be redeemed once during the promotional period. If you have received a FREEPLAY® offer, it must be redeemed at the M life desk. M life Resort Credits may be restricted to certain outlets at participating Las Vegas M life resorts. While Express Comps™ are to be used at your discretion; this offer may include expected earning and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity. A valid major credit card must be presented upon hotel check in. For further details, please log on to your M life account or visit the M life desk. MGM Resorts International reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at its discretion and without prior notice. MGM Resorts International endorses responsible gaming. If you or someone you know has a problem gaming responsibly, please call the 24-hour Problem Gamblers HelpLine at 800.522.4700. ©2016 MGM Resorts International®. All rights reserved.

6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "While Express Comps™ are to be used at your discretion; this offer may include expected earning and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity." is my concern.

I've been able to book two promos (but not double-dipping on RC, I know that's a one-time deal) with 72 hours in between no problem. I've always had these comp room promo offers honored on check out... as long as there are 72 hours inbetween.

I just booked Aria and Bellagio promos though, with 72 hours inbetween. I'm comfy with Aria as I've stayed there, but Bellagio is new for me.

I have no problem with applying existing Express Comps if I have them, but at Bellagio, does this leave a loophole to bill you for the comped room if you don't play enough? It's an upfront comp, not back-end. I know my play level is fine for Aria, but Bellagio is an unknown for me.

My reason for asking, is that Aria's reservation mentions no money due at check in (other than $130 a day hold, blah blah), but Bellagio's confirmation shows "3 complimentary nights" on the reservation, yet still states the full balance (including the full-price room charges) due on check in.

The fine print on Bellagio DOES show it'll hold the full amount of room value until check out (which is fine), but I just don't want to find Bellagio bills me at the end for front-end promo comped rooms, because their minimum pay threshold is higher than other Mlife properties.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Sooooo far away still...
    Cosmo, always our favorite part of our trip!
  7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen the terms of offers worded differently with respect to play level while on an offer.

I've seen the one you cite, and they way it is worded definitely leaves them the option of billing you, although I don;t think I've seen a single case cited here where that ended up happening at an MGM property.

Others are worded in a way so that basically the first time you use it is a freebie without even any reference to Express Comps; they say additional comps may be extended based on play and that the same offer may be used more than once if you play up to it. Here's one of those:

Terms and Conditions

This offer is subject to availability, non-transferable, and may not be used in conjunction or back to back with any other M life offer. Every effort will be made to accommodate your requests for specific room type and location; however, we are unable to guarantee any requests as rooms are not assigned until check in. There must be at least 72 hours separation between trips where any M life promotion is used at any of the MGM Resorts International properties. Additional complimentaries above listed offer components may be awarded based on your gaming activity during your stay. A valid government-issued ID and a major credit card must be presented upon hotel check-in. A daily resort fee, which includes select resort amenities, may be added to your room account. Employees and/or relatives of MGM Resorts International, their subsidiaries and advertising agencies or representatives are not eligible to participate in this event. Present valid government-issued ID at the M life desk to have available FREEPLAY® applied to your account. M life Resort Credit may be used towards dining, spa, entertainment, and nightlife. MGM Resorts Show Ticket offer valid for all resident property shows excluding: headliners, “Michael Jackson ONE”™ at Mandalay Bay®, “O”™ at Bellagio®, “Beacher’s Madhouse"™ at MGM Grand®, David Copperfield at MGM Grand®, MGM Grand Garden Arena, and the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Brad Garrett ticket offers not available on dates Brad Garrett is performing. Minimum play qualifications are required to redeem your offer more than one time. Despite quality control measures, this offer may have been sent in error. MGM Grand® reserves the right to cancel, modify, or withhold the issuance of the offer herein, in whole or in part, at its discretion and without prior notice. Guest must be at least 21 years of age. MGM Resorts International endorses responsible gaming. If you or someone you know has a problem gaming responsibly, please call the 24-hour Problem Gamblers HelpLine at 800.522.4700. ©2015 MGM Resorts International®. All rights reserved. This promotion is governed by Nevada Revised Statute 463.362.

8. Top Dog

Top Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anybody know if it is still possible to book a property specific offer and an Mlife Winter offer (different hotels) without putting 72 hours in between? The last time I tried this Bellagio told me that they would allow it if they were the second booking and freeplay would not apply twice. This morning I called and was denied this arrangement. Has this policy changed or is it more of a matter of what a specific rep wants to help you with?

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A property specific offer and a corporate offer are both offers, so the 72 hour rule applies, if you were ever able to do it, it was an exception.

You can however, book an offer and a Tier Discount rate back-to-back.

And if your history shows you can maintain play for more than 3 nights, a host can book you on an offer with freeplay and resort credit and also extend additional comp nights.

10. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Chuck, thanks again! I read through my fall universal comp offer I didn't use, same verbiage on ALL hotels with my universal offers. I just usually use a specific Mlife hotel's promo, not the universal one, so the fine print just concerned me as it was slightly different than what I am used to.

Your statement, "I've seen the one you cite, and they way it is worded definitely leaves them the option of billing you, although I don't think I've seen a single case cited here where that ended up happening at an MGM property," makes me feel much better. I will definitely play while there, so I'm not worried about them getting mad and throwing the book at me and refusing to honor my comped rooms, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a hidden minimum play caveat.

Perhaps they just want a loophole in-case someone abuses the comp (absolutely NO play) then trashes the room on top of that, etc. At least that way they can immediately reclaim some $$$ on top of any additional cleaning charges. (Though pure speculation on my end.)

I DO think I'll switch from Memorial weekend to a less crazy weekend. I was just excited to get it on a big weekend, then I remembered I don't like huge crowds...duh!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Sooooo far away still...
  11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, this clause is worded especially shittily:

"While Express Comps™ are to be used at your discretion; this offer may include expected earning and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity."

OK, so the offer may include expected earning (ie play level). May? May include? How are you supposed to know if it does or doesn't? And if it does, which component(s) and how much? They should at least take the "may" out of it, for their own benefit.

So this is the process they would have to go through in order to actually bill you if you no-played or low-played:
    1. You have a negative balance. You owe us money. How about we take your banked Express Comps and call it even?.
    2. No? OK, then, we're revoking/changing the offer after the fact and billing you for the difference.

Separately, I have seen where people have asked to have charges removed back end and were told they'd have to use all their Express Comps first (and this happens at CET also), but I still don't recall anyone involuntarily having their Express Comps taken or being billed.

I'm coming in shortly under a property offer that has the more lenient terms with no Express Comps clause, and it's going to be my last stay at an MGM property so I'm basically going to no play them (if I can stand it). I have a few hundred in Express Comps and I'm not expecting to have them taken or get billed. If I do, I'll post it.

Given the direction they're going, it wouldn't surprise me if they got more hardball about it, but not yet, I don't think.

12. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely let me know how it goes, if you remember. If you're saying hasta la vista with MGM, it makes sense to cash in on your one final trip and not play much. While MGM still is good to me now, I actually am trying to build 'backup" plans with other properties just in case this gravy train ends. I don't mind if they apply my Express Comps, as I was planning on using those towards resort fees, I just didn't want to get stuck with an actual room bill.

I do plan to play at B, but this was a universal offer, so I am guessing Mlife gives them some kickback. I will play, but I will play more at the two Mlife places that do me well (Monte Carlo/Aria) as they take good care of me, and I like playing at both. I do NOT expect follow up offers from B, so it makes sense to focus more play on places where I am tried and true, and I know take great care of me. Now, if I do ok at Bellagio, of course I'll play more, I am just prepared for tighter machines, but you never know, we'll see.

Thanks ton Chuck, I really appreciate the insight, and have a GREAT next trip!

P.S. I have promos for Aria and B, and to satisfy the 72 hour rule, will just pay for rooms at the Monte Carlo 3-4 nights in between. If I get BACKEND comps at MC, that doesn't impact the 72 hour clause does it, since it's a hotel backend comp and not an Mlife promo? I just don't want to trot over to Bellagio and find out I lost my promo due to a backend comp!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Sooooo far away still...
  13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting back end comps at MC won't affect your reservation at Bellagio.

It's a good idea to give a small amount of play to an independent property or chain you've never played at before. $100 through a slot will get you teaser offers you can keep in your pocket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.