1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using CET comps for someone else

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jenblase, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

My husband and I are going next weekend and taking my dad/stepmom. However, he and I have show tickets for two of the nights, and my dad/stepmom will be on their own. I would love to be able to go to the TR desk and print out a voucher to present them so that they could get their dinner comped; anyone know if this is possible?

I have read many times about certain restaurants that don't accept RC's, where you go to the TR desk and ask for a voucher to be printed out for the amount that you wish (like for Mon Ami Gabi). Maybe they could do that for another restaurant as well?

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mon ami gabi yes you can get a voucher the only problem is they might ask and i dont rember for id and tr card. that will be your problem.

how bout adding one off them to you room so they can charge for the nite so you can pick up the meal that way

3. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Yeah that's a good idea, duh, why didn't I think of that?

If my room is at Paris and my husband's room is at Bally's (which is the one my dad is using) does it matter which one I add him to? Like, when my husband checks in at Bally's and adds my dad... if my dad then eats at Paris restaurants, it shouldn't be a problem to charge those to the Bally's room right?

Then my husband can apply his $750+ reward credits to the room charges!

Brilliant idea! ;)

4. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere on the TR website that you can also gift points to another person's card. So that may be another option as well.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can put anybody's name on any room you want.

You can pay off anybodys room charges with your credits.

When your husband checks into room at Ballys, just add Dad or Step Moms name to room. They can charge anything they want to the room.

Easiest way to handle Mon Ami is to do room charge.

We give rooms to family when traveling often. We allow them to charge meals to room that we cover and ask them to pay the tip in cash.

6. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "We give rooms to family when traveling often. We allow them to charge meals to room that we cover and ask them to pay the tip in cash."

Ditto, easiest way to do it.

I would suggest that you also put your step moms info on a room. If she ever loses a key or gets separated from dad, she can go to front desk to get in her room. ...just a thought.

Have fun!

7. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    who ever will be able to get the most food comped off use there name and charge to that room:thumbsup:

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i second this. I used to work in a hotel and i could not take someone's word for it that they were staying in a room.

9. phinfan08

phinfan08 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A sidenote question:

My sister is going to Vegas next month. We are both low-rollers but she does not have a rewards card. Would her or I get in trouble if I gave her my rewards card to gamble a little bit with and use at restaurants?

10. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    she cant use it at resurants she will need id .

slots no problem unless she hits a jackpot ,tables could be a problem as your picture is in the sytem when they swipe your card

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Not a problem at all.

Get EXTRA cards so you can both build up points.

As said, if she played a machine with handpay jackpot, a POSSIBLE problem. Even then, just take the card out.

I used my wifes card to get her to Diamond... he play is about $500 a YEAR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.