1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using a waterpik

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by JWBlue, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been using a Waterpik for about 2 weeks and am becoming frustrated.

Every time I use it by the time I am done I feel like I have taken a shower. Everything I read says using Waterpik is better than flossing but my teeth do not feel that way.

I am having a lot of issues with using the Waterpik on my teeth on the right side of my mouth on the rear side. I am right handed. Am I supposed to put the waterpik in my left hand when doing these teeth.

I watched the instructional video on the Waterpik website and frankly it was not much help. Half the time they are fading out of the picture and then coming back a moment later. Love how the demonstrator is wearing a suit.

I am setting the pressure to 7.

Does anyone have any tips?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one but I only use it occasionally.

Keep your mouth closed as much as you can. Add a little Listerine to the water. I just hold it with my right hand all the time.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used one daily for at least 10 years. I'm a righty and only hold it in my right hand. You do have to keep your mouth closed around the tip, but if you're getting water spraying out from where the tip attaches to the hose, you might have a defective hose attachment.

I have some large gaps in my back teeth that are food magnets so it is amazing the amount of particles that come out at night. I actually pack one to take on vacation.

One other thing...I do not floss but when I go in for my bi-annual checkups the hygienist always says what a good job I'm doing on flossing and how good the gums look. I don't correct her. :wink2:

Christmas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.