1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using a part of a comp offer from Cosmo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BayouBengal, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's Tuesday and that means Cosmo email offers! My most recent trip ended this past Thursday. Today I get a new offer for 4 nights. Awesome!:thumbsup: So I have a trip planned already but actually only need 3 of the 4 nights. So before calling or emailing my host I wanted to run it by ya'll. I have a friend that is coming in as well and he is wanting to save his vacation time so he's planning on flying in on a Thursday night and out on Sunday. We both would be leaving from the same city so flying together is an option. But I have plenty of vacation hours. I have a temptation of flying in Wednesday night after work to make use of all 4 nights in true VMB'er fashion because VEGAS! I had an issue a while back with NYNY not being able to comp partially, I had to take all of the nights or pay the prevailing rate. This was via VIP Services 800 number.

2. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a problem using less nights than the offer.

If for some reason they just won't let you do it, book Thursday to Monday, and just check out Sunday because you had an "emergency" at home.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or just leave and don't check out.

But a host will be able to book you for as many or few nights as you want.

4. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not only booked only 3 of the 4 nights in my offer for my trip in a few weeks - my host has agreed to transfer the one remaining night to a friend so he gets a comp for 1 night.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This comes up alot. Just leave. Do not check out. Just leave. Folks here do it often.

6. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    absolutely no problem to use just some of the comped nights, with or without a host.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not necessarily.

they often require a min stay if your offer includes FP or promos.

if they're going to give you the bennies upfront,

they want you there for 3 or 4 days so they can have a chance to win it back.

of course, a host can always override this.

8. double_faces

double_faces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a spur of the moment trip with the wife and used a "two night comp". Was gonna be in Vegas for less than 24 hours, and they didn't have a single problem with just one night. No FP on the offer though.

9. koltunowicz

koltunowicz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also had a 2 night comp in December and the 2nd day I wanted was blacked out so they booked me for 1 night. No free play, just Comped city room and upgraded when booking to a fountain view terrace for 50 bucks. Was first time ever staying at cosmo so it was worth it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.