1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using 2 Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by baoho, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baoho

baoho Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning a trip to Vegas on September 21st-26 and I've received 2 comps. One from MGM for 3 comps hotel and the other is 2 days Mirage. When I called up the host they said I can only use one comp and I can only use the other comp after 72 hours. Is there a way to get around this and use the two comps I've received?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    these days that's what you're going to hear most of the time. they used to allow this more, but with all the cutbacks they are cutting out back to backs. but you could always book the one and call up the other and try to book it. if that doesn't work, try the reverse. book the other and call up the one and try to book it.

3. baoho

baoho Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I tried that, didn't work :(
    Thanks though!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you say comp - tell us what that means. Is this just a room, or room plus other stuff?

Sometimes you can use one offer, and then add ONLY the rooms on the other deal. Or extend the first offer by a few nights.

5. baoho

baoho Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's in the "Get your offers" when you log into MLife.com

For example:
    SUMMER OFFER:
    $75 FREEPLAY®
    2 Complimentary nights in a Deluxe Room
    2 Buffet Credits
    This offer valid thru September 30th

6. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cannot use 2 comps from the same company "MGM". Now if you had one from MGM and then another prop not owned by them, you would be good. The only time I have used 2 comps from MGM props is when I got with my mom and we combine our offers. You can do this because they are separate accounts.

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had exactly the same problem with trying to arrange my current trip. Matter of fact, I'll one-better-ya: The Mandalay rep let me make a reservation over the phone that was adjacent to my Monte Carlo reservation. Gave ma a confirmation number and everything. We thought all was good and then when we called later in the week to check on things and the reservation was gone. It turns out they canceled the reservation without notifying me because it was adjacent to my MC reservation. I think at the very least a phone call or email would have been in order. Its not like they don't have multiple avenues to contact me since all of our info is on our mlife accounts. That's why I'm only spending 2 nights at MGM properties on this upcommung 12 night trip.

FYI, for years I've successfully booked back to back offers at MGM. I was actually surprised when they didn't let me. But we had an over 2 year break from Vegas prior to our last trip in May.

8. HM7

HM7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Monte Carlo let me do it last summer. I had 3 nites at Luxor with freeplay but wanted
    to stay 5. I had a MC offer with freeplay for 2 nites, which they let me book the rooms but couldn't
    use the freeplay. It might be worth a try to call MC vip services 1 800 822 8276.

9. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, mLife properties have been strict about the no-back-to-back comp reservations policy for advance bookings for the past several years.

That said, I have occasionally extended my stay in Vegas beyond the original booking by going directly to see an mLife host while I'm in town. (I realize this would be a nerve-wracking approach for people who have to plan around inflexible air reservations, which isn't an issue for me.) In one instance, I was allowed to keep the same room for an extra day in the same hotel. Another time, I chose to check out of NYNY and move to Mirage for an extra night.

At any rate, the OP should probably inquire at a competing property. I've received free rooms and a bit of free play in the past from Cosmo and TI, for example, after describing what I get from mLife, despite having almost no play with either beforehand.

10. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can be done but it is very hard to do and you wont get it done over the phone with a phone rep.

These days they have computers lol. As soon as you give the rep you're info the screen shows your last time there, your future trips etc. When the rep tries to book your back to back reservation the computer doesn't allow it.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me repeat, you can usually get back to back HOTEL reservations, but not back to back offers. This is assuming you are at a level where you are getting nice offers, with food, etc.

Book the first OFFER. Then call back to book ONLY a room - no meals, no freeplay, no tickets, etc. If they will not book it, ask what rate they will sell you the room for.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.