1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

USB plugs and never getting it right!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

    Joe VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2009
    Messages:
    11,852
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    175
    How come if you have a 50-50 chance of inserting a plug-USB device, it is never right? I swear 90% of the time, I'm wrong and need to turn the plug over.
     
    Give Suncoast another try.
    Our new favorite place to stay, but gamble at MSS
  2. Turtleman

    Turtleman VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2005
    Messages:
    3,320
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    101
    If you're batting 10%, you're doing a lot better than most! I only get it right 1 out of 100 times! Kind of like the casinos, huh?
     
  3. Auggie

    Auggie Dovahkiin

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,804
    Location:
    Burnaby, BC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    14
    I think they all have that USB pattern (a dot with three strands coming out) on them that you can just use: thats always on top.

    If it is a problem you could always take something and make a scratch across the side that goes up that you can feel with your finger...
     
  4. C0usineddie

    C0usineddie VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2011
    Messages:
    2,789
    Location:
    San Diego
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    next time, turn the plug over befor eyou plug it in. 10% chance of failure!! 90% chance of victory.
     
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. travelfiend

    travelfiend High-Roller

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2012
    Messages:
    892
    Location:
    Colorado
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    30
    all right, don't laugh, but this also bugged me long time, but 1 dollar colored sticky dots fixed that problem.
     
  6. BreakEven

    BreakEven Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Messages:
    496
    Location:
    SEA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    11
    Not all of them do. Some don't have any logo. Some have a company logo (haven't noticed if it's always on a particular side).
    I like the way you think :thumbsup:
    Awesome suggestions at cheap ways to solve a recurring problem! :beer:
     
  7. Turtleman

    Turtleman VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2005
    Messages:
    3,320
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    101
    On the micro USB/charger plug that connects to my phone, I dabbed a little "Liquid Paper" (anyone remember that stuff?) onto the top side of the plug. I haven't fumbled in the dark trying to plug a black connector into a black phone for nearly two years.
     
  8. LucyR.

    LucyR. VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2012
    Messages:
    2,139
    Location:
    Los Angeles,CA.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
    You can use nail polish... any color. I like red dots. Once it is inserted right
    then put the red dot on it. WA-LA....
     
  9. DonD

    DonD Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2004
    Messages:
    9,139
    Location:
    So Cal 91748
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    300
    Joe, turn the device over and you'll be right 90% of the time. Next question.
     
  10. Joe

    Joe VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2009
    Messages:
    11,852
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    175
    On my desktop, it goes one way. On my laptop it is opposite. On my portable DVD player it is opposite of the desktop also.
    If I'm building a bunch of movies to a flash drive to take along on a trip, fine then I remember to take it out and flip it, but a month or two goes by and I forget again.:bang:
     
    Give Suncoast another try.
    Our new favorite place to stay, but gamble at MSS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.