1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrading myVegas rooms

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by VegasSchemer, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I'll be making a short stop in Vegas on the way to Phoenix next week. I'll be using a Mirage free night via myVegas but am interested in getting an upgrade.

My mLife status is Platinum, so it looks like I usually get 25-33% off the room rate listed online. The question is: Can I buy a room upgrade to a nicer suite (maybe the two bedroom) and just pay for it like mLife often does upgrades? (When you can get a basic room, they'll often send an email a little before your stay offering discounted room upgrades).

Basically, I'm looking to use the redemption as my "starting point" and want to pay more like $400 for the suite instead of $700 to just straight up buy the room. Any chance this will work?

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past, Mirage has sent us email upgrade possibilities with myVegas rooms, one time asking us if we wanted to upgrade to a Tower Suite, so I would definitely think it's possible.

3. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I typically have gotten upgrade offers via email with myvegas rooms (Mandalay Bay and mgm for me), but I think it depends on overall availability at the property- if it is a busy night then doubtful. I do not believe you can initiate the upgrade request prior to arrival, but if you don't get an offer you may be able to pay to upgrade at check in.

4. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't see why not. I've redeemed MyVegas basic rooms in the Mirage twice,and both times I was offered upgrades to a tower suite for less than $100. They probably wouldn't offer a 2 BR upgrade via e-mail because the person that would redeem a basic Mirage room through MyVegas wouldn't normally need a 2 BR. I'd reserve the room, wait for the e-mail, then use that as a conversation point to price out the 2 BR. Worst case scenario, just dump the comp room and buy the suite, or buy another adjoining room for the 2 BR.

5. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have two MyVegas comps at mirage may 7 and 8. I have upgrade emails for one BR penthouse suite for $200 additional and $185 additional.

6. ohiostate241

ohiostate241 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just upgraded a friday night bonus room to a penthouse 1br at mirage. Cost me $150 but felt it was worth it since I otherwise wouldn't get to stay in a room like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.