1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrading a MyVegas reward room - MGM?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by golfguy, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever been able to get an upgrade on a "free" MyVegas reward room that they've stayed in?

I'm staying at MGM Grand in March, and have a Queen Executive suite booked for two nights - and am redeeming two nights via MyVegas - for a total of a 4-night stay. I would love to be able to get all 4 nights in the same room (the executive suite).

Any chance I can pull off 4 nights in the same room via:

-tipping the front desk clerk?
    -paying for an upgrade?

I'd be willing to pay a fee to upgrade my "free" myvegas reward room to the suite, but I have no idea how to do so.

I'd also be more than happy to tip the front desk guy to take care of it, but I have no idea what my chances would be.

Any thoughts?

2. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey golfguy. I’m in the same boat with Mandalay Bay in late March 2014. I was thinking the $20 trick is the best play, just say “I have two separate reservations but would really appreciate staying in the same room”. If the suite is available for the first 2 nights, shouldn’t be a problem (I hope). If the check-in person doesn’t want to play ball and insists on some upgrade fee, I assume they’d at least return the $20! Anyway, I’ll follow your posts to see how things go at MGM – good luck!

3. bloom1966

bloom1966 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I had no problems upgrading from a Spa Suite MyVegas reward to a Ziggurat Suite last April at NYNY.....

We had an offer of 4 nights comped by our host, and then upgraded the two MyVegas nights by paying the slight difference in pricing. Also, there was NO resort fees added on. Our host then "blocked" the two separate reservations together so we could stay in the same room for our six-night stay. If you don't book through a host I would contact Customer Service at the hotel you want to stay at and put the ball in their court. It's really an easy process; just a little more data entry into their computer system.

Las Vegas 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.