1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Upcoming Trip and LP Use

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sterlingcooper05, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingcooper05

sterlingcooper05 Tourist

I'm looking to see if this is a good use of LP's for what we want to do. DW and I play myvegas, so we each have 3 rewards to use for a Friday-Monday trip.

DW:

1 weekend room at NYNY
    1 ticket to KA
    2 Dinner Buffets at MGM

Me:
    1 weekend room at NYNY
    1 ticket to KA
    2 Dinner Buffets at Aria

We're also using 2 complimentary rooms at NYNY through Mlife. We'd like to get another show comped, but the Cirque gift cards are always sold and at best we can get 1 comped show. We're both sitting on LP's, but it doesn't look like we could spend them in a better way. Does this look like a good use of LP's for a short trip?

2. KR_5150

KR_5150 Toss the dice, bring the cannolli!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The free rooms are weekdays only. Just wanted to make sure you realize that. :thumbsdown:

3. sterlingcooper05

sterlingcooper05 Tourist

I purchased them a while back, when weekend rooms were still offered.

4. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't want to start a new thread so will just partially hijack this one (apologies!).

Has anyone had any experience of booking a midweek comp room with Luxor, NYNY etc? Are they pretty limited or is it really open to any midweek. I wouldn't want to book flights and then not be able to take advantage of the comp room.

Also, how does it work - are you emailed a code when you purchase it and then you use that code when you're booking the room?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  5. KR_5150

KR_5150 Toss the dice, bring the cannolli!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool! :peace:

6. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty rough going trying to get anything that is halfways decent with the rule changes and reward changes. I would make sure that the buffets are good for weekend use because lots of them are not. I would go with trying to get tickets to KA as you had said, but that isn't even easy anymore. Good luck and have fun :)

7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you purchase the reward it will show up in MLife account as an offer if I remember correctly. It was very easy, much better than having to call in.

Check out this link, I compared the Mirage dates for Nov/Dec and they compared to what I saw in MLife.

http://www.markslasvegas.com/myvegas-room-rewards-calendars/

8. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That list is totally useless now. It came out in April and almost everything on there is booked. They only have so many myvegas reward for rooms each day and that calendar has never been updated for any hotel. The only way to book a room now (last month it changed) is to purchase reward. Get email with link and see if room is available for your date. If not, cancel. Cancels for rooms do not count against your 5 in 30 days that you are allowed to cancel. The same is for shows. All other rewards are booked normal way. Frankly, unless you are going on a slow week in December, there is not much left available.

9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently booked a room and it helped me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.