1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upcoming Trip 10/18 - Bellagio/Cosmo

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by DFdetroit, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFdetroit

DFdetroit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my first pre-trip report so bear with me. I figure if I can get this down, I'll write an actual TR once I return. Any thoughts or feedback are greatly appreciated!

Four of us (all of us are 29 years old) are heading into town from around the country on Thursday, October 18th. We're all friends from high school and college (Michigan State University). Here's the breakdown:

- I'm the Vegas veteran of the group coming from Detroit. I'm planning everything and can't wait for this trip. I come into town 3-4 times per year and gamble in Detroit at least once or twice a month. I land around 1pm Thursday. I walk the strip occasionally, but tend to take cabs everywhere further than the hotel next door. I play craps and BJ, and enjoy a good restaurant. I'm married with a kid and am looking forward to this trip with three single buddies.

- E will be making his first ever trip to Vegas and celebrating his 30th birthday that Saturday, flying from Chicago Thursday night around 7pm. I'm pretty sure he's only a slots player, but I plan to teach him craps this trip (and hopefully benefit from some "first-timer" luck when he rolls).

- J will be driving in from Los Angeles late Thursday night. He plays video poker and I am his bad luck. He doesn't know how to play craps, but he makes me money when he rolls.

- N will be flying from Northern California late Thursday night. It's his second trip, but his first was for business, so it's his first "real" trip to Vegas. I've never gambled with him, so we'll see how it goes. Of all of us, he's most likely to get himself/others into trouble.

I have two rooms comped for us - a Terrace Studio at Cosmopolitan and a remodeled room at Bellagio. I'm pretty sure I'll let the guys stay at Bellagio and I'll stay at Cosmo, as I can't get enough of the fountain view from the terrace. Also, they can figure out who has to share a bed - I got the rooms comped, I think I deserve to have my own. (and I'm pretty sure you can only get the terrace studios with one King bed, right?).

Here's the basic plan:

THURSDAY
    Check in to the hotels when I land. Gamble on my own (before my friends get there and start splitting 10s and hitting against bust cards). Maybe get a massage at a spa.

Pick up Eric at the Airport with Presidential Limo. Every first-timer should get the Limo treatment, in my opinion. We'll stop by the beer store and ask the driver to stop at the Welcome To Las Vegas sign for the newbie. I've always had great drivers from Presidential, and I'm hoping the trend continues.

Grab some dinner at Bellagio and do some gambling until the other guys get there. When I met J there for March Madness, he didn't drive in until 2am. He better be earlier this time.

Once J and N arrive, we have no plans. Probably drinking and catching up. Maybe Spearmint Rhino? We'll see.

FRIDAY:
    2 of the 4 of us don't have to worry about jet lag, and the other 2 are coming from Eastern and Central time zones, so I'm hoping we wake up early. We'll grab some breakfast (maybe cab it to Terrace Pointe Cafe at Wynn/Encore for some of their french toast) and get the day going.

I have a Groupon for indoor go-karting at Fast Lap (off the strip). We did this for my bachelor party last year with a group of 12 and it was awesome. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you check it out. We'll probably go right after breakfast before the drinks flow too heavily.

If the weather holds up, we'll head to the pool, probably at Cosmo. If it doesn't, then more gambling. Either way, drinking will happen.

Friday night, we'll grab dinner at Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris. I have a reservation and have heard good things about this place.

After that bit of classiness, we'll head downtown for some fun. Looking forward to checking out The D, since the owner is from Detroit like us. I want to try the new American Coney Island to see if it's as good as the original that we have here. Also want to try Mob Bar and Hogs 'n Heifers.

SATURDAY:
    Football Saturday might start early (game time hasn't been announced yet) and we'll be watching Michigan vs. Michigan State. The plan is to go to Legasse's Stadium. We have a lounge area reserved, so we'll be all set for seats, food and drinks.

For dinner, we're going to Holsteins. We're meeting up with 4 other guys we know and even though they don't take reservations on the weekend, my Cosmo host has it set up for us. Even though I'm only a mid-level player, she's really outstanding.

Nothing else really planned for Saturday yet. Probably some gambling, drinking and maybe a club that night (the single dudes want to go - I'm thinking Marquee, then someplace low-key later).

SUNDAY:
    Everyone leaves before Noon. Then I write my trip report.

Let me know how I did with this - and of course any recommendations for the trip are appreciated.

2. bubbamsu

bubbamsu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a lot of fun.

GO GREEN!!

3. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am there 18-22. Very similar to you. Thursday I'm in vegas solo. Friday is when the other guys get there. Except we are all sharing a room

4. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've got a couple of things the same on your to do list just like on mine. Can't wait for your tr. Have fun!

5. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We may run into each other. I am arriving ont he 17th late (from ORD), but having dinner at Olives on the 18th. We too are probably having dinner at GR steak on Friday, lol. I am staying at Mirage for two nights then moving to Paris for two nights.

Sounds like you will have a blasts. Nothing like taking a newbie to Vegas and then having a craps virgin! But usually good luck comes from a woman, lol.

Have fun!

:beer::beer:

6. DFdetroit

DFdetroit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.