1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Unusual or different things to do for 25th anniversary

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by maxnew40, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been to Las Vegas many times since the 90s and we have seen most of what Vegas has to offer. This year we are going to visit for our 25th wedding anniversary and the plan is to treat ourselves to some nice meals, a few shows, and lots of fun.

In the past I have been able to find some neat things to do in Vegas that are a little unusual or off the beaten track. For example the now closed Mystery Adventure was so much fun for my wife and I.

Can anyone suggest something fun to do that isn't on the usual Vegas to do lists?

Something real special for the anniversary date?

-Max

2. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can renew your vows in a helicopter high above The Strip.

Past that, there is so much to do around Las Vegas that is would help if you are more specific on what you enjoy. Everything from Valley Of Fire to hot air balloon rides to the Pinball Museum to Historic Boulder City.

3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you done the Neon Museum? http://www.neonmuseum.org/

Assume you have already hit the Mob Museum: http://themobmuseum.org/

While not romantic, I think the Atomic Testing Museum is a great 1 - 2 hour diversion: http://nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/

We just added this to our August trip itinerary: http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2014/6/6/34858/95108/vegas-travel/A+Day+At+Ash+Meadows+National+Wildlife+Refuge

I go to Ethel M for a free sample and a walk in the cactus garden about every other year and my wife always buys something: http://www.nevadadaytrips.com/chocolate-factory-tour-las-vegas.html

If you have a rental or are thinking of a single day rental, give thought to any of these. We have visited each and enjoyed them all. Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, Mt. Charleston, Bonnie Springs Ranch, Goodsprings (Pioneer Saloon), Death Valley. Any of the aforementioned, with the exception of Death Valley, are pretty quick trips.

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2nd Roos-n-more Zoo. We found the private tour a very reasonable fee to have a chance to interact with lemurs, otters, a fennec fox and many other animals. Easy to combine with the Valley of Fire, which we are planning to do next trip.

6. singerdon

singerdon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After your post, my wife and I thought we'd like to go to Roos-n-more this summer, but when I went to their website, found that the county had closed them in Jan 2014 until they made substantial facility improvements. Doesn't ever looked like the re-opened and are seeking donations to do the renovation.

7. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't have open-to-the-public "zoo days", but they can still do private tours of up to 40 people. We have one booked for September. They are raising the funds to do the construction they need to have those open days again. :)

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are active, do not have mobility issues, and enjoy an adrenaline rush, you might enjoy the ziplines in the desert near Boulder City.
    http://www.flightlinezbootleg.com
    We've done the BC ziplines during summer and winter (August and December), and enjoyed it both times. These guys are professional and very personable. It's a super fun time with great mountain/desert views.

Happy Anniversary!

9. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One one of our trips we did this for something different. http://www.scootcitytours.com/ Scoot City Tours, my spouse laughed the whole time zipping around in these little cars. Kind of a fun way to zip around Red Rock. We were lucky enough to find a groupon for it but haven't seen one for a while. The other one I was going to suggest in the zip line listed above.

Always seems so far away............
  10. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions!

We are in our late 40s and early 50s. We like old school rock and roll. We enjoy the shows in Vegas. We like interactive entertainment. We really liked the mystery adventure and were hoping to do it again but it has closed.

Atomic Testing Museum is on the list for this trip.

One of our favorite shows recently was Absinthe.

We have never rented a car in Vegas. We like to have a few drinks and just walk or cab it around town.

-Max

11. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most mature adults could do the hiking between the ziplines - as long as one doesn't have mobility issues. We were in our early 50s the first time we went (in 2010 or 2011). It's a fun time if you enjoy being outdoors.

12. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only issue I have with the zip line is that we will be in Vegas in August. The temperature is rarely less than 100 during the day and long periods under the sun can be brutal.

-Max

13. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we did the ziplines in August, we did the Sunset Tour, which meant the first zipline run was at dusk, and the other three were from dusk into nightime, with a nice view of the Strip in the distance. When we did them in Dec, we did the daytime tour, and it was great as well.

14. singerdon

singerdon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the Bootleg canyon ziplines. Did it about 4 or 5 years ago, right after it opened, and I'd go again if we weren't already all booked up for our trip in August.

Singerdon
    Waukesha, Wi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.