1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UNITED, ARIA, FOOD, SHOWS and more...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by JaxxLV, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxxLV

JaxxLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

UNITED, ARIA, FOOD, SHOWS...updated

I set out solo on 7/26 to visit a place where you can just about find anything... Yep, you guessed it... Vegas, here I come!

I had a comp offer which included room, f&b, show tix and free play.

I chose Aria as my place of refuge, mainly based on the extensive food offerings.

Lets just say my expectations regarding the food were exceeded.

I flew United metal, an Airbus 319 to be exact and was fortunate to sit up front RT, the crew was great, the food not bad for domestic, and the plane only hit the ground once each way...

Arrived at Aria approximately 10:30 am on Friday morning and was very glad to be in the invited Guest line. Check in took a few minutes and instead of waiting for inventory to become available, they had a standard room on the 36th floor steps about 5 doors from the elevator. The room was satisfactory and I utilized the electronic control board several times during my stay.

My first order of business was to burn through most of my freeplay on $5 Top Dollar, played awhile but nothing of note. Switched to Diamond Deluxe and managed to hit a small hand pay of $1600.

I had read good things about Milo's at the Cosmo and decided that was my destination for lunch. I sat at the bar and was waited upon by Jenny, who was fairly new and had to pull the ole black book out a few times to make drink orders, nevertheless she was quite pleasant and took my order promptly.

I ordered the grilled octopus, the lavraki and the Greek yogurt. All were very nice but the octopus was my favorite as it brought back memories of my childhood in Athens.

Wandered around Cosmo for a bit, lost $500 at roulette and some $5 slots, forgot about the $100 loss promo and even declined a card when a rep came up to me asking if i wanted one.

My original plan was to see Carrottop @ the Luxor that night (friday) but laid down in my room and did not get back up until about 830 which was showtime, instead i walked around Crystals, headed back to the Cosmo to try out the "hidden" pizza place... not too bad, about a 10 min wait, line was mostly club kids. I sat out in front by the pool table to eat my slice of pepperoni.

Walked around exploring Cosmo some more and then went back to Aria and to bed.

Saturday

Woke up about 930 am. Decided on Julian Serrano for lunch, got there about 1130 and ordered several items:
    tuna raspberry skewer
    medjol dates | goat cheese | crispy pancetta | tomato marmalade
    and I think some type of lobster salad.

All were good and I was full but not uncomfortable.

Next, I cabbed it to the Luxor to go to the Titanic exhibit and pick up my CT & Love tickets.
    The line was pretty long, so I decided to go walk over and go through the Titanic exhibit. I would highly recommend, reasonable price and as a history buff I thought it was very interesting. I paid for this using EC's and although it took a bit longer to process b/c my cashier didn't have the right access code, it worked out in the end.

I got back in the box office line and was able to pick up both my comped Love tix for that night and my CT tix at the same time. I also paid for my CT tix with EC's, doesn't seem like many people do this @ the Luxor b/c the supervisor had to come over and use her access code.

Next time I go to Vegas, Ill just get my tickets from whatever property's box office I stay.

After the Luxor, I cabbed it to the Mom Museum downtown. I spent a couple of hours there and I would recommend it, I then walked up to Freemont street and explored a few of the downtown properties. Just a dirty & grimy place was my overall impression but to each his own.

Next update includes
    LOVE, gambooling (17/20), more food...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. JaxxLV

JaxxLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    update bump

update bump

3. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are bumping it do you plan to finish it? I'm waiting impatiently for the gambling section.....:beer:

4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of doing the Mob Museum this trip. Good to hear it's worth it.

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That $5 Top Dollar machine and I have this thing. It doesn't like me yet I keep playing knowing one day it will finally give in....at least I hope.

6. JaxxLV

JaxxLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gonna try to finish is up...

Arrived back to ARIA, got changed and went down to AmericanFish for their happy hour. Sat at the bar, great experience, tried several of the apps and had several sazeracs. The lobster rolls, grilled calamari and the French fries were the highlights.

I cabbed it down to see LOVE at the Mirage. never had been to this property, pretty busy, they pump the tropical smell in, line went quick. I had a pretty good seat , Section 201, 2nd row, aisle seat. Venue was pretty full. this is the first real Cirque show I had ever been too and I suppose if I was more of a Beatles fan, I would have ejoyed the music more. The acts, aerialists, etc, were great.
    The biggest issues I had we're it was fairly warm and about half-way thru the performance the emergency strobes and electronic voice started blaring. This continued for approx 10min. They stopped the show completely, and after the strobes stopped, there was an issue that caused the show to not start for another 15 minutes. Everything considered, I enjoyed my first Cirque experience.

After the show I walked back to Aria, I'm pretty sure I got some pizza at 550, pretty good.

I then found a decent roulette table, that seemed to be hitting a lot of the numbers I play. I don't play roulette much, usually a set amount and H&R if a get a couple of decent hits. I'm a big 17/20 fan like several people on this board. I also play the a lot of numbers that surround 17/20. I had a piece of almost every spin. My best hit was $15 straight up on 17 with 3 $10 splits for 207 pieces. I bought in for $500 cashed out for $2050.

Next up- CT, BarMasa, JeanPhillipe, Casa Fuente, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.