1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

United Airlines Cuts 460 Jobs

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by blackjacknut, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "The source told NewsChannel5 that the Cleveland hub has not been profitable for more than a decade, and has suffered tens of millions of dollars in annual losses." -- Which means to me they should have done something differently five years ago.

"Sources said, while the decision was based on continued losses in Cleveland, the timing of the flight reductions have been accelerated due to new federal regulations." -- This was my first thought. It was probably part of the deal when they merged with Continental in 2012. My second thought was that the article wouldn't (and it didn't) mention anything about the merger or any jobs being transferred to or been absorbed by Continental. I wonder if the timing of the new federal regulations has anything to do with the American/USAirways merger last year.

If prices do increase like you expect, blame the FAA, SEC, or whatever regulating body approved this merger. And the American/USAirways merger. I think I saw that 70% of the US routes are provided by four airlines. Sounds like the Strip, doesn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.