1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ultimate Texas Holdem $5/$10 minimum - better comp return from MLIFE or TR?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by johnjagg, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjagg

johnjagg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be playing Ultimate Texas Holdem for the first time this next trip. I'm a low roller ($500-$1000 a day bankroll depending on how I'm feeling + results) who generally plays $5 and $10 craps ($15 if trip has gone well or if it's a short trip) pass/odds with come bets. I'll occasionally place inside numbers or at a minimum 6 and 8 if I'm up. Will also do mostly $.25 VP (JoB and BP) at max bet. I'll also play Pai Gow poker up to $25 per hand, but $15 most of the time.

We've been loyal to CET and Total Rewards because we stayed at Flamingo on our first trip and they've given us lots of free rooms in the years since. Since I'll be adding a new game this trip I was wondering if it will be enough to finally get me over the hump and get some free rooms from MLIFE at the level that I normally play. Since it's my first time at a live table I'll most likely only be comfortable with a $5 mimimum to start out with. I noticed in some older threads that it seemed that UTH play at CET didn't seem to amount to much, but nothing that really said what people were getting from MLIFE.

At my current level of play will adding UTH do anything for me as far as MLIFE is concerned or should I do the majority of my gambling at CET as normal. If sticking with CET would be best, could I expect the addition of UTH to at least improve the room offers I get at CP and PH? Thanks.

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you ADDING UTH to your game rotation? or will UTH be REPLACING time at other games?

If it is being ADDED then your ADT will increase so it should improve comps. If your are REPLACING one of your other games then your comps might go down, or stay the same, or go up, depending on which game(s) you replace.

compare the HAs of the games and run the numbers to get an idea of how it will affect your ADT

3. johnjagg

johnjagg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My intention is to add. If any time is going to be replaced it would most likely replace time at the Pai Gow poker table.

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Mlife rates UTH at 3x the ante + Trips bet. If you play correct strategy, this rating actually sucks, since you will be 4x and 2x'ing the Play bet often. Basically, this game gets short-rated at mlife. I definitely get better offers from mlife, compared to CET, and UTH is my core game.

$5 minimum UTH is hard to find at mlife, esp in the evenings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.